NATIONAL LEAGUE CANCELLED

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE CANCELLED

Postby worruz » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:38 am

PPG then a play off makes no sense if they're saying this season is now over.
'The last time I saw McGowan he was dismantling those Erics.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:54 am

I'm sure I'm not alone in being bored with the whole PPG, Null and Void argument.

Its actually quite tedious, what will be will be and thats it.

Just make a bloody decision and we'll take it from there.
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:09 am

worruz wrote:PPG then a play off makes no sense if they're saying this season is now over.

Believe this means the regular season.

I'd rather they take a little longer and explore every avenue though. Steps 3-7 made a swift decision and look where that ended up.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:47 am

Its not an issue for the majority of clubs but for someone like us who doesn't even know what division we will be in I'm not sure waiting is a good thing.

In addition all our players are now free agents, so we have a big issue there. Its no secret we weren't paying big wages and a lot of our players will be sought after so I see us as vulnerable in that respect.

We are in a position of great uncertainty and that alone will unsettle players.
The Guvnor

Postby Dave Reader » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:22 pm

The Guvnor wrote:I'm sure I'm not alone in being bored with the whole PPG, Null and Void argument.

Its actually quite tedious, what will be will be and thats it.

Just make a bloody decision and we'll take it from there.

Agree
Dave Reader

Postby timfparks » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:49 pm

There’s always the possibility that the Govt decides that social distancing needs to be extended to the end of 2020, when a vaccine and testing will finally allow large scale gatherings. What then, with football in limbo? The FA and leagues will look a bit silly if the abbreviated 2019-20 season is ditched prematurely.
There won’t be the space for a full 2020-21 season, so they may then decide to conclude the 2019-20 season in a proper manner. Welcome back, steps 3-7!
Then, in the new year, perhaps localised League competitions and quick-fire cup matches to get the crowds in and raise money for our beleaguered clubs. Then back to normal for the 2021-22 season with the winners and losers from the interrupted 2019-20 season taking up their new positions.
A bit far fetched? It’s hard to imagine crowds gathering in the short and even medium term. Decisions made now might well be ludicrous once we’re into autumn with nothing but behind-closed-doors prem matches to watch. A grim scenario!
timfparks

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:18 pm

I appreciate some people are getting bored with PPG, but just as a bit of an experiment, and bearing in mind that home advantage is a definite thing . The author (This originally appeared on the Conference Forum) has calculated what the PPG outcome would be if you calculated PPG for home games AND PPG for away games and multiplied both figures by the number of home and away games left respectively and tallied it up.

The Conference South table would look like this:

1- Wealdstone 89

2- Havant 86
3- Bath 79

4- Weymouth 77
5- Slough 74
6- Dartford 71
7- Dorking 60

8- Hampton 57
9- Maidstone 56
10-Hemel 55.5
11-Chelmsford 55
12- Oxford C 54
13- Billericay 53
14- Tonbridge 52.5
15- Welling 52
16- Chippenham 50
17- Eastbourne 48
18- St. Albans 46
19- Concord 45.5
20- Dulwich 44

21- Braintree 43.5
22- Hungerford 35
Elmslie Ender

Postby deadly » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:14 am

It is still being dragged out...……

Taken from Twitter:
'Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss 15h

The National League has asked clubs to share their views on whether it would be feasible to play the playoffs.
The games would take place behind closed doors when safe to do so.
Teams have been given until Friday to register their opinions.'

In my view using the word 'feasible' instead of a more positive 'shall we' suggests to me that the National League committee thinks that it is not feasible.

Meanwhile the Dulwich Hamlet statement suggests that clubs will get / have got 4 options to vote on:
https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichh ... 32135.html
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Rayners Blue is Back » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:45 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:I appreciate some people are getting bored with PPG, but just as a bit of an experiment, and bearing in mind that home advantage is a definite thing . The author (This originally appeared on the Conference Forum) has calculated what the PPG outcome would be if you calculated PPG for home games AND PPG for away games and multiplied both figures by the number of home and away games left respectively and tallied it up.

The Conference South table would look like this:

1- Wealdstone 89

2- Havant 86
3- Bath 79

4- Weymouth 77
5- Slough 74
6- Dartford 71
7- Dorking 60

What would the table look like if you used PPG based on rainy days and sunny days, we can then work out what the weather was on the days the remaining matches were due to be played and find out who were the fair-weather teams in the League :lol:
Rayners Blue is Back

Postby attic » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:49 pm

So null and void very much an option even though the gossip was suggesting it wouldn't be. Dare I say it, legally it has to be there by default though. There needs to be an official fall back option should the parties not reach agreement by a set date. Yes its getting tedious but I'd rather they have the maximum amount of realistic time if it means a chance of concluding the outcome.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum