NEXT SEASON

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: NEXT SEASON

Postby HammeredWasp » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:36 pm

I wouldn't recommend the Crimea in Aldershot, it's a VERY,partisan pub.
HammeredWasp

Postby deadly » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:49 pm

https://www.swpleague.co.uk/blog-post/covid/

The FA recently discussed with the lower level leagues how next season will restart and the problems to be solved to achieve that.
This is discussed in this informative blog from @SWPLeague
secretary Phil Hiscox.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby deadly » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:43 pm

https://footballfoundation.org.uk/grant ... ation-fund

Opening Monday 29 June
Club Preparation Fund
Following the £7m investment into preparing the country's pitches, the Premier League, The FA and Government, through Sport England, are providing a further £2.19 million to help clubs get their buildings ready for football's return.

I presume our club officials will be all over this and will get their snouts in the trough quickly.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
deadly

Postby s.k.khanna » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 pm

deadly wrote:https://footballfoundation.org.uk/grant/club-preparation-fund

Opening Monday 29 June
Club Preparation Fund
Following the £7m investment into preparing the country's pitches, the Premier League, The FA and Government, through Sport England, are providing a further £2.19 million to help clubs get their buildings ready for football's return.

I presume our club officials will be all over this and will get their snouts in the trough quickly.

Good shout... but why is the English Football Association providing funding for the Welsh Cymru Premier League clubs ?
s.k.khanna

Postby Rayners Blue is Back » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 am

s.k.khanna wrote:

Opening Monday 29 June
Club Preparation Fund

Good shout... but why is the English Football Association providing funding for the Welsh Cymru Premier League clubs ?

Though, they are allowing it, they haven't printed/posted it, in Welsh yet, so they won't know :lol:
Rayners Blue is Back

Postby deadly » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:36 am

s.k.khanna wrote:

Opening Monday 29 June
Club Preparation Fund

The EFA have always had a soft spot for the Welsh FA ever since a match between England C and Wales U21's which was played at Clarence Park, home of St Albans City F.C. in 1999.

The match was disrupted by protestors from a club based in Middlesex, as Alan Turvey, president of the Isthmian League was singled out for sustained abuse throughout the match.

Mr Turvey had to be shielded from protestors by Welsh FA officials, and in particular because of the very close proximity of protestors who had gained access to the main stand, whilst police and stewards also struggled to contain the large group of angry protestors standing in front of the main stand.

Mr Turvey was heard to shout out: "who will save me from these turbulent fans?"
And the Welsh FA officials duly* obliged.

Ever since then, the English FA had vowed to give aid in times of crisis to the Welsh FA in recognition of their steadfast support in those difficult times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_Isthmian_League
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealdstone_F.C.
I am not sure why the top wiki link will not be displayed correctly, but it can be accessed from the Wealdstone page.

Deadly Blazer Conspiracy. :roll: :roll: :roll:
*Thanks sausagesandwich, spelling error duly noted & corrected. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by deadly on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
deadly

Postby sausagesandwich » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:07 am

deadly wrote:.....
And the Welsh FA officials dully obliged.

They are very boring lot, aren't they?
sausagesandwich

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:36 am

When next season starts seems to be the question everyone wants to know the answer to, but thats an easy one for me. It will be mid September.

The question people should be asking is whether the season will actually finish.

Difficult to envisage COVID 19 won't be rearing its ugly head again this winter in the much mentioned 2nd wave but the unknown factor is of course to what extent.

One thing that we can be certain of though, if it comes down to the general population acting in a responsible manner being the deciding factor as to how bad it gets then we are doomed.

If you wish to live in another EU country under the current legislation then you have until the end of this year to register.

However for those who don't understand how the European Union works, what that means is the UK will bend over backwards to accommodate anyone wishing to live here whilst every other member state will make life as difficult as possible if you wish to reside.

Have a nice day now.
The Guvnor

Postby worruz » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:18 pm

The Guvnor wrote:When next season starts seems to be the question everyone wants to know the answer to, but thats an easy one for me. It will be mid September..

Do we know when this season will end yet?

Did I miss the FA ratification of the vote the other week?

Have play offs been confirmed and if so what are the dates?
' What I don't get is why is it ok for them to say that word in their rap songs but when I said that word out loud in the queue at the post office they kicked me out the shop?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby 61663 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:01 pm

worruz wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:When next season starts seems to be the question everyone wants to know the answer to, but thats an easy one for me. It will be mid September..

worruz wrote:

July 18 - July 31 are dates for play offs / finals for all 3 x leagues with BT (allegedly) screening NL stages / final @ Wembley
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum