NEXT SEASON

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: NEXT SEASON

Postby worruz » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:23 pm

Thanks, I didnt hear the FA Council had voted and ratified it yet, although I imagine teams must be back in training for the play offs now or close to being in training surely.
' What I don't get is why is it ok for them to say that word in their rap songs but when I said that word out loud in the queue at the post office they kicked me out the shop?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:20 am

worruz wrote:Thanks, I didnt hear the FA Council had voted and ratified it yet, although I imagine teams must be back in training for the play offs now or close to being in training surely.

They are being played over 3 weekends, 18/19th July, 25/26th July and 1st/2nd August. All 18 sides have confirmed participation and most have started or are about to start training and testing. Squads are to be those players registered when season was suspended, but still discussions on loan players that were with clubs at that time. They are not allowed to play any friendlies apparently.

There is still no ratification from the FA and very little information from the League, this is mostly information that clubs have released.

If this timetable is kept to we won’t know fixtures until the following week, so can’t see any league start before 15th August at earliest.
Stoney Ground

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 am

A good informative post SG.
Well done.
Kettering punchbag.

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 pm

worruz wrote:Thanks, I didnt hear the FA Council had voted and ratified it yet, although I imagine teams must be back in training for the play offs now or close to being in training surely.

The ratification is probably agenda item 23.1a at the next FA Council meeting, whenever that is - I really would give it a care - these sorts of things are preordained. Very pleased that the playoffs in the NLS & NLN are going ahead. That was the right thing to do - which is never to be taken for granted, since Adam and Eve..
Royal Blue

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:47 pm

The Guvnor wrote:When next season starts seems to be the question everyone wants to know the answer to, but thats an easy one for me. It will be mid September.

The question people should be asking is whether the season will actually finish.

Difficult to envisage COVID 19 won't be rearing its ugly head again this winter in the much mentioned 2nd wave but the unknown factor is of course to what extent.

One thing that we can be certain of though, if it comes down to the general population acting in a responsible manner being the deciding factor as to how bad it gets then we are doomed.

If you wish to live in another EU country under the current legislation then you have until the end of this year to register.

However for those who don't understand how the European Union works, what that means is the UK will bend over backwards to accommodate anyone wishing to live here whilst every other member state will make life as difficult as possible if you wish to reside.

Have a nice day now.

Coronavirus will rear its horrible little sack of genetic matter, coming this fall +.. The future of managing it is local lockdowns - that is if the UK wants to carry on functioning as an economic and social entity. I'm sure the National League are preparing contingency plans.. like the home game at Notts County can't be played there, so in event of that, it will be played.. elsewhere, etc, etc. The show must go on generally or we are in even deeper sh*t.
Last edited by Royal Blue on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:37 pm

There cannot be another national lock down. Maybe in the eyes of the money tree brigade there can be, but as the locals are finding out up here in The Isle of Skye, their tourist free paradise for the past three months is now taking its toll.

Still wonder if we will see regionalised restructuring implemented across the EFL and NL the season after next?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:40 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:

They are being played over 3 weekends, 18/19th July, 25/26th July and 1st/2nd August. All 18 sides have confirmed participation and most have started or are about to start training and testing. Squads are to be those players registered when season was suspended, but still discussions on loan players that were with clubs at that time. They are not allowed to play any friendlies apparently.

There is still no ratification from the FA and very little information from the League, this is mostly information that clubs have released.

If this timetable is kept to we won’t know fixtures until the following week, so can’t see any league start before 15th August at earliest.

Thanks, weird the FA council still haven't had their vote. Its been two weeks since the NL voted.

Oh well.
' What I don't get is why is it ok for them to say that word in their rap songs but when I said that word out loud in the queue at the post office they kicked me out the shop?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 pm

worruz wrote:
Stoney Ground wrote:

Thanks, weird the FA council still haven't had their vote. Its been two weeks since the NL voted.

Oh well.

The people who were supposed to confirm the decision as well as the people who were supposed to announce it have probably been sacked! :(
s.k.khanna

Postby deadly » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Clubs have been told rough dates for National League North/South playoffs:

Eliminators: Sat/Sun 18/19 July

Semi finals: Sat/Sun 25/26 July

Finals: Sat/Sun 1/2 Aug

The National League is awaiting confirmation from BT Sport about whether games will be televised.

...And the Premier League are putting up some dosh to help the National League play-offs to take place apparently.

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... de-season/

And all the bandwagon jumpers are coming out the woodwork to bask in the reflected glory in the publicity maelstrom of the Wealdstone Championship party as well... :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... ealdstone/
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:17 pm

Fill that bandwagon with all comers.

Still such a fantastic achievement to win this league and secure The Grail, it really is.

Boris won't come but if he did, headlines.
Attachments
close-up-bandwagon.jpg
(50.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Royal Blue

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum