Where we won (we think) promotion

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Where we won (we think) promotion

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:32 pm

attic wrote:
Waltons Left Boot wrote:
I think we can give ourselves - and especially our yoof - credit for that. When he missed that it was the second miss in quick succession. We could easily have started complaining, but the singing continued and I'd like to think our amazing vocal support just after that miss kept the team and especially Moses positive. And that goal still sends shivers...

So yes in conclusion - I won the league.

The yoof were indeed fantastic that day. The majority of the noise came from their section and they led the entire Stones contingent throughout. Our fans were great as a whole because they were forced to participate in a game of football for 90 mins. No sloping off to the bar after half an hour. What’s even better is that the majority of conference National away games are segregated so we will all be together for 90 mins whether we like it or not.

Unfortunately some youth probably got a ban from the next home game. Hemelgate style posters were on display at the turnstiles. They were taken from a camera with a long lens from somewhere in the main stand at Havant. Stewards did come amongst our yoof and they were looking for the flare that the spotter had seen.
BillyByrneFan

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum