Champions!!!

For all things Wealdstone FC

Champions!!!

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Yes!!!

https://twitter.com/fitzgerald77/status ... 2349457408

Statement to be issued shortly -

https://twitter.com/fitzgerald77/status ... 5021234177

Amazing and overwhelming news for all Stones. Congrats to everyone involved at this wonderful club!

Full statement here - https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/na ... supp-62361

"The outcome is Barrow AFC are champions of the Vanarama National League, King’s Lynn Town are champions of Vanarama National League North and Wealdstone are champions of Vanarama National League South."

We're going up!
Last edited by Royal Blue on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Royal Blue

Re: Champions!!!

Postby deadly » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:53 pm

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm

Proper football here we come. At the same level where I started watching us!!!!!!

Magnificent news.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 pm

What a great day in our illustrious history.

In my time following Wealdstone I've seen 6 championships but this was the most unexpected.

We weren't fancied and with budget cuts the words mid table and consolidation were bandied about with maybe a flirtation with the play offs.

But we got off to a flyer and belief and confidence grew which gave the fans some memorable moments along the way.

Most points, best PPG, most wins, most goals, best equal defence and top of the league since mid August - thats why we're champions.

Next season will be tough, but with our management team and board I wouldn't write us off.

UTFS !
The Guvnor

Postby woodman » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:09 pm

Congratulations to you all - well deserved
woodman

Postby charlie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:21 pm

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ .Wealdstone !!

Surviving what. 17 years with no ground and no money in the Pot. Founder members of the Conference are back.

None leagues first double winners of the Conference/Trophy return!

Every Goal and Every Point Matter... The Tin Pot club are back.

Cue Music. "Sweet Caroline"... Good Times never seemed so Good... "SO GOOD.... SO GOOD!!."
charlie

Postby fiftyfive » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:28 pm

Great news, weve seen some great football this year, well deserved. For Mim, and Markie.
fiftyfive

Postby worruz » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:38 pm

We’re back in the proper big time!!!!

Well done everyone. Every Stones fan, everywhere. If you go to every game or only a few. If you live on the doorstep of the Vale or you’re Stones exile far, far away, dyed in the wool over many years, or relative newbie.

It doesn’t matter.

THIS IS FOR YOU!!
All the crap we’ve been through, the different grounds, the hopes of new grounds that never materialised and our lovely Vale that we now play in.
All the fans that didn’t live to see this day, this is for them too. There’s too many to mention. We could all come up with a different extensive list but they’ll be with us all at this moment.
When we were relegated in 1988 I was a teenager. I’m now hurtling, kicking and screaming, towards my 50th year on this planet. I’ll be honest there have been many times I never thought I’d see the day again. I know the real hard work starts now, but I’ll be enjoying this like I’m sure we all will.
When I think back and think of ours days in the Southern league post relegation with trips to places like Redditch, Halesowen and Moor Green, the latter days of Lower Mead and the demise of that great ground, the place I learned how to support a team and watch football. I think of Dave Albert and the great work with the ‘little leaguers’, Vicarage Road, the Warren and The White Lion Ground. Mixed fortunes at those places with the start of the renaissance under GB, Leo, Frank etc. I think of the league title in 97 and the subsequent promotions and the non promotion, the brilliant work done by everyone involved with the youth team and the likes of Marvin and Jermaine, plus a memorable trip to Anfield. The move to Northwood, ok lets not dwell on that, even though we saw some excellent players don the Stones shirt in that ground, and finally the last 12 years at the Vale. We all know what that has done for the club and the numbers who are now coming through the turnstiles. Thanks to those who spent their own money and made it happen.
Thanks to all the Chairmen, directors, SC committee members and volunteers, all of whom have given their lives away to help this great club. Thanks to GB, Leo and all their players. Thanks to BW and his coaches, yes really, and finally thanks to Peter Marsden, yes really, and finally also Rory for the last 2 years or so and everyone who brought to the club this brilliant Irishman, Deano, and Stuart as well.
I cant give enough praise. This message is nothing and cant convey enough.

Everyone enjoy it. Its not the same as winning the league ‘properly’ but it will do.

Keep well everyone, we all want to see the club in the big time again.

WE DID IT!!!
' What I don't get is why is it ok for them to say that word in their rap songs but when I said that word out loud in the queue at the post office they kicked me out the shop?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby 08masonl » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Solihull Moors
Hartlepool United
Woking
Dover Athletic
Bromley
Sutton United
Torquay United
Aldershot Town
Eastleigh
Dagenham and Redbridge
Chesterfield
Wrexham
Kings Lynn Town

Guranteed away days for next season
08masonl

Postby charlie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:54 pm

Some people were on the pitch, did they have a certain itch ?
Apparently they thought it was all over...
"It is now",I cried.
I could have died.
The referee reached for his whistle,
We won and won the league,
I always knew we would succeed.
Then a man said.. "Here take This"
The Silver Cup
"And dont forget,..your going up"
I remember,
Do you remember?
That day,
The one in May,