Buy a virtual pint/jug etc for the squad

For all things Wealdstone FC

Buy a virtual pint/jug etc for the squad

Postby worruz » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Thought I'd put this on here. Deserves its own thread.

To celebrate our title win and also to raise important funds in these current uncertain times there is an initiative to buy virtual pints for our players and management.

See link

https://wealdstonefc.ktckts.com/brand/donate
' What I don't get is why is it ok for them to say that word in their rap songs but when I said that word out loud in the queue at the post office they kicked me out the shop?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Re: Buy a virtual pint/jug etc for the squad

Postby deadly » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:23 pm

They certainly deserve a drink or two after a tremendous and monumental season. :D :D :D
Cheers.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby BKK » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:48 pm

The initial response to this fundraiser feels a little lukewarm but understandable as it came a bit out of the blue and without a lead in to explain the importance of the initiative. Weymouth have raised £15k in a similar period compared to our £2.5k so far. We all need to bung in something if we are able IMHO.
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm

BKK wrote:The initial response to this fundraiser feels a little lukewarm but understandable as it came a bit out of the blue and without a lead in to explain the importance of the initiative. Weymouth have raised £15k in a similar period compared to our £2.5k so far. We all need to bung in something if we are able IMHO.

Agree with that Nick, but Weymouths is an appeal to help cover playoff costs, but we should be able to get it up to a good figure.
Stoney Ground

Postby worruz » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:19 pm

BKK wrote:The initial response to this fundraiser feels a little lukewarm but understandable as it came a bit out of the blue and without a lead in to explain the importance of the initiative. Weymouth have raised £15k in a similar period compared to our £2.5k so far. We all need to bung in something if we are able IMHO.

Maybe I've just been a bit slow to it but I just happened to stumble across it on Facebook. Since then I've seen it on the official site so I thought I'd put it on here.
' What I don't get is why is it ok for them to say that word in their rap songs but when I said that word out loud in the queue at the post office they kicked me out the shop?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby timfparks » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:19 pm

It’s a great idea and I’ve chipped in. Raising a virtual glass or two to the Champions!
timfparks

Postby FGW » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:58 am

A good starter for the 2020/21 campaign.

The only downside is that for every £100 pledged I believe circa £5 is swallowed up in 'fees' by the provider...

Ideally the Club should consider setting-up a simple 'membership scheme' with regular monthly payments (bit like your gas/electric/council tax/TV licence/home insurance/car insurance/pet insurance etc) over say 4, 6 or 10 months.

Sort of things to be offered could be:

Season Ticket

Share Bundle(s) (20 shares in each bundle - issued at the end of the season)

Megastore Vouchers

Team Draw (subsume existing memberships as well as those who still do Share in the Budget)

Payable on the 2nd of each month....

[i have copied most of the above to the Next Season thread }
FGW

Postby BKK » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:36 pm

I do hope this fundraiser doesn’t fizzle out completely overtaken by the surge in season ticket take up. Unfortunately both launched so close together fans will see a single priority for precious cash
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby FGW » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:18 am

BKK wrote:I do hope this fundraiser doesn’t fizzle out completely overtaken by the surge in season ticket take up. Unfortunately both launched so close together fans will see a single priority for precious cash

If the 'Club Membership' scheme gets legs then this sort of thing needs to be part of it (Help the Budget)....

The Club need to move on from introducing 'one off' fundraiser ideas throughout the season which invariably relies upon an individual doing the donkey work to make it happen - simple monthly Direct Debit into the club starting in July would allow for better planning and management of income streams...

Off to the beach now :D
FGW

Return to stonesnet forum