Season tickets

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Season tickets

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:37 pm

Fascinating to be mixing it up with some of these ex-league clubs who can bring (on average) 500+

Ideally, we'll need to be operating at 50% (Coronavirus) capacity (circa 1804 people?) before we host County. Even then demand will outstrip supply.

I do think Wealdstone has found its level but everyone will have to step up. Club in a good place.

£10.42 per game for live elite sport - cheaper than a cinema ticket.
Royal Blue

Postby Pieface » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Away fans get the convertable stand end so no access to burger stall.
Pieface

Postby timfparks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Just to clear up any confusion as the press release was worded rather clumsily: the reserved seats are ONLY in the wenzel’s stand. The top end stand is open to all at the lower price
timfparks

Postby attic » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:45 pm

Eagerly awaiting tomorrow morning and the chance to buy a season ticket for professional football at the Vale!!!!!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Blue Stone » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:38 pm

timfparks wrote:Just to clear up any confusion as the press release was worded rather clumsily: the reserved seats are ONLY in the wenzel’s stand. The top end stand is open to all at the lower price

Thanks for clarifying that. Tim. I prefer to stand at the sides but it's nice if it's raining and we are atacking the Gun Turret end to have the option of taking what cover the new stand provides. I think the season ticket prices are very reasonable, although I did think the seated options made things a bit overly complicated. After all as far as I know we have never charged for seating before at the Vale.
Blue Stone

Postby Elmslie Ender » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:37 am

Listening to the briefing yesterday, the CSO/CMO were talking about measures being around at least through to 2021 and maybe to this time next summer, unless, obviously, a vaccine is found or more likely, we can manage the virus in a better way through medication.

Assuming restrictions remain, and say our capacity is capped at 1,800 as RB suggests, does that mean away fans would be limited to 15% of capacity at 270 ish? If we get say 500-750 season tickets, with say another 250 youth and kids as well, it could mean that on day sales would be limited to 500-750. Fine most of the time obviously, but we will need to push pre-match online sales hard.
Elmslie Ender

Postby deadly » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:00 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:Assuming restrictions remain, and say our capacity is capped at 1,800 as RB suggests, does that mean away fans would be limited to 15% of capacity at 270 ish? If we get say 500-750 season tickets, with say another 250 youth and kids as well, it could mean that on day sales would be limited to 500-750. Fine most of the time obviously, but we will need to push pre-match online sales hard.

Don't worry EE.
Our trusty FA Cup & trophy Abacus will be brought back into action to restrict all big crowds this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a less frivolous note, presumably we will be operating the separate side turnstiles entrance for away fans at all games and publishing details of home and away supporters coming to the vale.

I have just used the link on the main club website to book an old git's season ticket for the Wenzell's Stand (which I presume will allow me to also sit in the top stand when we are attacking that way if I so wish). :D :D :D
The process was very simple, logging in as usual, booking via my bank card, and my actual seat position and number will be confirmed later.
Happy Days.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby 61663 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:36 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:Listening to the briefing yesterday, the CSO/CMO were talking about measures being around at least through to 2021 and maybe to this time next summer, unless, obviously, a vaccine is found or more likely, we can manage the virus in a better way through medication.

Assuming restrictions remain, and say our capacity is capped at 1,800 as RB suggests, does that mean away fans would be limited to 15% of capacity at 270 ish? If we get say 500-750 season tickets, with say another 250 youth and kids as well, it could mean that on day sales would be limited to 500-750. Fine most of the time obviously, but we will need to push pre-match online sales hard.

National League Rule 10.2 only specifies away allocation for all ticket games - 10% of total number of tickets or a minimum of 600 tickets, whichever is the greater. Reference is also made to expectation that away supporters with disabilities will be given a share of these facilities (presumably this provision is one of the ground improvements planned)

The rules clearly needs (temporary / interim) amendment in view of probable capacity restriction @50% (NL bound to follow EPL promoting this figure)

Such restrictions cut both ways I.e. on WFC away ticket allocation to smaller stadiums with 50% capacity e.g. would we only get 200 tickets for Maidenhead where there is a clear need to ensure segregation. Again it would be fair to give priority to ST holders for limited away tickets.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:08 am

Hmm, much to mull over here, some good points. I suppose we have to get our heads around continuous segregation from now on - whereas for the last 32 years or whatever it has been a novelty - something we get 'excited' about. How many can we muster at Maidenhead, Brackley or Woking, blah blah - which was all very exciting at the time and will be in the future too.

So we have two things (or more) to contend with - entry into the National league combined with Coronavirus. It is also even possible that our away support may grow as people do sit up and listen regarding Wealdstone. Because along with an outstanding management team, style of football, history, great fans - the Raider phenomenon also continues to help drive our brand/club.

So the purchase of season ticket becomes quite a significant issue this season, perhaps beyond. Entry to this year's games, priority tickets for away games, FA Cup, etc. The ST can hardly be pushed enough. It is ambitious to sell 1000 combined but maybe achievable? For a regular fan, perhaps this year it is a must. For the youth, a no brainer.

I've bought one season ticket, ever, I normally just pay on the gate. I also got free entry courtesy of putting in at least a season's worth of voluntary work in hospitality. However, I don't think I'll be just rocking up from the Shire hoping to get in next season - I'll just get an ST, however often I get to go.

Its also worth stating that the club needs us as much as ever now financially and one of the main ways of raising revenue is the ST. We're into the big time and we're going to have to do all we can to sustain it. We belong there but we've got to pay for it somehow. Get an ST I say, common sense all round.
Royal Blue

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:52 am

Royal Blue wrote:Hmm, much to mull over here, some good points. I suppose we have to get our heads around continuous segregation from now on - whereas for the last 32 years or whatever it has been a novelty - something we get 'excited' about. How many can we muster at Maidenhead, Brackley or Woking, blah blah - which was all very exciting at the time and will be in the future too.

So we have two things (or more) to contend with - entry into the National league combined with Coronavirus. It is also even possible that our away support may grow as people do sit up and listen regarding Wealdstone. Because along with an outstanding management team, style of football, history, great fans - the Raider phenomenon also continues to help drive our brand/club.

So the purchase of season ticket becomes quite a significant issue this season, perhaps beyond. Entry to this year's games, priority tickets for away games, FA Cup, etc. The ST can hardly be pushed enough. It is ambitious to sell 1000 combined but maybe achievable? For a regular fan, perhaps this year it is a must. For the youth, a no brainer.

I've bought one season ticket, ever, I normally just pay on the gate. I also got free entry courtesy of putting in at least a season's worth of voluntary work in hospitality. However, I don't think I'll be just rocking up from the Shire hoping to get in next season - I'll just get an ST, however often I get to go.

Its also worth stating that the club needs us as much as ever now financially and one of the main ways of raising revenue is the ST. We're into the big time and we're going to have to do all we can to sustain it. We belong there but we've got to pay for it somehow. Get an ST I say, common sense all round.

The season ticket for 14-18 year olds is outstanding value and we should be aiming to get the message out to every under 18 year old in the area. Drive the message into where they are spending most of their time, which isn't Twitter or Facebook btw.. targeted Instagram campaigns, TikTok, Snapchat etc with the players and management having a big part to play in the messaging. Not sure if that is planned, but if it's done intentionally and relentlessly it will pay back significantly,.
BornundertheElmslie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum