Celebration Rehearsal

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Celebration Rehearsal

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:07 am

Whatever happened to the Harry O ?

Back in the days when communication amounted to little more than 2 tin cans and a piece of string who can remember excitedly buying the midweek and weekend editions to read about the Stones or indeed if you were lucky a picture or two.

Harrow being a bit of a dull suburban enclave didn't inspire too much else to read about in the paper, maybe a bit of littering or someone was heard to swear in the High St.

Life was so much simpler then.
The Guvnor

Postby timfparks » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:39 am

That’s my youth in a nutshell Guv. How happy was I to end up reporting on the Stones in the very same paper I clamoured for as a teenager? I count myself very lucky in life
timfparks

Postby attic » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:49 am

timfparks wrote:That’s my youth in a nutshell Guv. How happy was I to end up reporting on the Stones in the very same paper I clamoured for as a teenager? I count myself very lucky in life

Ditto having your photos printed too. Theres still the free Harrow Times if you want to read about the latest chicken shop incident or missing cat and at least it generally gives the Stones some coverage.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby woodman » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:37 am

Shame what happened with the local papers - used to be real good source of information. Now just a few pages of nothing. All Sports Weekly was also a good paper for a few years.
woodman

Postby FGW » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:49 am

Do like the way this thread has 'moved' as more contributors have come on board...

Do recognise some folk have time on their hands at present but wonder if there is an appetite to start a new WFC Supporters Blog for the coming season (Stones in the 'National League' ) starting next month which encompasses both on and off field events from the fans perspective?
FGW

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum