Celebration Rehearsal

For all things Wealdstone FC

Celebration Rehearsal

Postby Ronnie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:07 pm

There may not have been a trophy or any presentations, but a very pleasant day at the Vale today, I'd guesstimate 250-300 but pure guesswork

A few pics

https://photos.app.goo.gl/idVE4fNifBrTX2GL9
Ronnie

Re: Celebration Rehearsal

Postby deadly » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:28 am

Some great pics of the usual suspects there Ronnie, thanks.

Alas, I am self-isolating a bit longer and avoiding all places of ale consumption... for now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also enjoyed seeing all the various pics on twitter, especially ones of all the ground improvement works that seem impressively on-going.

Well done indeed to everyone involved in the hard graft, planning & organisation that has obviously gone into this.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby middxbrains » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:11 am

Very enjoyable day, great to see so many people after so long away and hopefully a decent little return for the club house (got drunk out of Fosters and Guinness by mid afternoon). Even a little cabaret at one point!

Looking forward to the real thing with the trophy.
#Binwatch
middxbrains

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:19 am

Very good day out. With the official celebrations off, still more people than I thought would be there from quite early too. Good cross section of ages as well. Megastore was on the go all the time and season ticket stall was very busy too.

With the new restrictions in place, there were quite lengthy queues for drinks, so not sure we could have coped with any more than that were there, but thanks to Leo and his team for keeping everyone lubricated. Full blown celebrations would have had the neighbours whinging. Police were called by NIMBYs, but went away smiling so no issues.

Seemed like almost all of the players were there, even the Ox, and the new signings too.
Elmslie Ender

Postby megaphone » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:28 am

Cracking photos, and a thoroughly enjoyable day. It was good to see everyone again.

I would certainly question 250 - 300 though, as one photo alone from yesterday shows over 90 people in the OUTSIDE queue for the bar with probably at least 30 more inside. Add to this those outside, people wandering around the ground, and people coming and going all day I would say there was easily over 500 in total.
megaphone

Postby worruz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:59 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:Police were called by NIMBYs,

You seemed to have misspelt the words 'stupid bastards'.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:05 pm

worruz wrote:

Yes, how dare you celebrate winning the championship. What's concerning though is that the police actually attended this report.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:19 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
worruz wrote:

Yes, how dare you celebrate winning the championship. What's concerning though is that the police actually attended this report.

Surely when you call the police you do it for a good reason i.e. a crime being committed. I'd love to know their reason for the call. Admittedly I only stayed about 2.5 hours and left fairly early but when I was there nothing 'bad' was going on. The people who rang the police would probably use the spurious reason of social distancing but there was as much of that yesterday as I've seen in shops, supermarkets etc in the past few weeks and we were mainly outside.

Just a twat trying to cause an issue, let's be honest.

Reminds me of way back in 2008 when we were working on the ground and there was a gathering of an Indian celebration on the playing field. Some quality food and music there that day.

Some local twats complained. Some people can't stand to see people enjoying themselves and having a good time..

Twats
Last edited by worruz on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worruz

Postby attic » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Probably some Karen trying to impose her moral superiority over everyone. The Police seemed a bit underwhelmed when they turned up.

Great day though. Numbers a sign of where the club is at present.

Am definitely going a bit Neale Harvey up top mind.......
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:29 pm

attic wrote:Probably some Karen trying to impose her moral superiority over everyone. The Police seemed a bit underwhelmed when they turned up.

Great day though. Numbers a sign of where the club is at present.

Am definitely going a bit Neale Harvey up top mind.......

With regards to numbers I definitely agree. As I say I went fairly early but with people coming and going, plus pissh.... sorry fans :lol: staying all day youre probably looking at 500÷ people over the day.

Amazing numbers. Good few youngsters as well.

We're going places.

Need to maintain this.

Definitely

worruz

Next

Return to stonesnet forum