Celebration Rehearsal

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Celebration Rehearsal

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 pm

Interesting, even the response to Coronavirus is divisive amongst humans. I suppose the last time there was a Earth pandemic (on this scale) we weren't such a globalised consumer based society (societies). The whole shebang is propped up by buying stuff, a lot of stuff and services. That is the conundrum this time around - so it's not just Rolls Royce but the whole supply chain, etc.

Wealdstone FC isn't immune from any of this. The bottom line is, if enough of us don't take part, there won't necessarily be a Wealdstone FC.

Perhaps a lot of clubs will go pop but lets work together to make sure ours doesn't.
Royal Blue

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
Wealdstone FC isn't immune from any of this. The bottom line is, if enough of us don't take part, there won't necessarily be a Wealdstone FC.

We want people to take part. There were those who didn't go Saturday because they didn't feel comfortable that social distancing would be in place. They were right. Plenty don't seem to think it's an issue, but it is. The more people that play the game by the rules, the greater the overall gain.
Ronnie

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:11 pm

Ronnie wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:

We want people to take part. There were those who didn't go Saturday because they didn't feel comfortable that social distancing would be in place. They were right. Plenty don't seem to think it's an issue, but it is. The more people that play the game by the rules, the greater the overall gain.

I couldn't agree more. The virus must at the very least be respected as a threat - there has been 544,949 deaths and 11,863,477 infections as of today (that we know of).

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Not Happy wrote:Guvnor speaks from a position of privilege. Retired with a healthy pension. He can afford to make the armchair his best friend whilst casting judgement on others. The majority are not so lucky to be able to withdraw from society completely. Some who work extremely hard live on a paycheck to paycheck basis. They will be more than willing to accept risks to keep a roof over their head.

We gonna see you next season or is success all a bit too much!

To be fair I've worked (actually attended work, not just from home) through the whole of lockdown. Not every day but most days. I've taken the best precautions I can. I've got an elderly father I'm in a bubble with and a partner with some health issues so I have to be careful for them and myself.

I'm with Guvnor on this for most of what he says. Not completely withdrawing but certainly doing as best you can as circumstances allow. The world has to carry on as best it can. If the whole planet goes bust we'll see possibly as many deaths because of that as from this frigging virus.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:27 pm

Royal Blue wrote:"Could the human race in 2020 be viewed in history as the stupidest on record ?" Guv asks..

When Trump posed with the bible outside St John Church following George Floyd's death, I asked myself the same question.

Anyway, back to risk - the builder man (as described) exacerbates a type of approach that poses the main risk - total dismissal of risk to himself and others. He understands but dismisses, blundering on through people's homes. I can't say the same for the grinning idiot breathing down my neck in the queue at the fish & chip shop.

Each of us supporters will make our own judgement but for me outside with appropriate precautions is sufficient mitigation to attend.

Indoors is a different issue and there is now evidence emerging today that the virus is also airborne, not just aerosols, etc - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... rus-spread

We learn more about this disease every day.

The Guardian!
Ha ha ha!
Kettering punchbag.

Postby timfparks » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:33 pm

Does accurate reporting tickle you, Lance? I suspect you'd much rather read the dangerous nonsense spouted by the Sun or Mail. Although even those
two publications have been backtracking lately from slavish devotion to Boris
timfparks

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:21 pm

timfparks wrote:Does accurate reporting tickle you, Lance? I suspect you'd much rather read the dangerous nonsense spouted by the Sun or Mail. Although even those
two publications have been backtracking lately from slavish devotion to Boris

I’ve got my popcorn, but if you want to talk politics take it to gibber.
Stoney Ground

Postby charlie » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:06 am

Timmy talks about accurate reporting.... Not sure the dangerous responses from his beloved Daily Mirror is very accurate.

One thing we have all learnt the standard of the media/journalism... is so so poor.
charlie

Postby attic » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:41 am

charlie wrote:Timmy talks about accurate reporting.... Not sure the dangerous responses from his beloved Daily Mirror is very accurate.

One thing we have all learnt the standard of the media/journalism... is so so poor.

Across the spectrum too. Broadcast and written. They have absolutely disgraced themselves in the past few months. Little point in 'taking sides' as they are all equally culpable.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 am

attic wrote:
charlie wrote:Timmy talks about accurate reporting.... Not sure the dangerous responses from his beloved Daily Mirror is very accurate.

Across the spectrum too. Broadcast and written. They have absolutely disgraced themselves in the past few months. Little point in 'taking sides' as they are all equally culpable.

Certainly. Gone way past taking sides - do we have sides now, the world is so complex? If you gather you're reporting or any content really from a variety of sources you perhaps get have a chance of rounder understanding. Interesting that a piece of science & health reporting was conflated with the political stance of the paper. Have to say I didn't see that - just shows how toxic some brands are to even the slightest association with them.
Royal Blue

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum