Celebration Rehearsal

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Celebration Rehearsal

Postby 61663 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:00 pm

charlie wrote:
One thing we have all learnt the standard of the media/journalism... is so so poor.

That’s a very moot point to be sure....

Compared to the ‘alternative truth speakers’ on the internet such as David Icke or Piers Corbyn and all other dickhead Covid virus /5G conspiracy ‘theorists’, I know for sure which source I’ll always believe .....
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby charlie » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:17 pm

Trust no one 61663.... It s all bollocks.

The only real news.. Stones to re-sign Tom Pett.?
charlie

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 pm

"I suspect..."
Tabloid journalism at its finest !! Get the pitchforks ready !!
The Sun? A comic and certainly not for me but still the most read of the purchased,Metro being a freebie.
The Daily Mail? Generally known as the Ladies paper but now seemingly aligned with elderly brexiteers ( I'm sure someone once said leaving the EU will damage our club but so far,that's not quite worked out for the current NLS champions) that for the reason why, I can't quite put my finger on. Again,not for me but does apparently have a good crossword.
I wonder why they're both so popular?
Ha ha ha ! A decent chap trapped in the Maelstrom of a totally discredited industry which is dying on its knees. Grab your pension (if there's any money left !) and spend more time down the Vale.

Anyhoo,must fly. Need to check and see if my phone has been hacked and Thursdays are always busy.

Up the Stones !!
Kettering punchbag.

Postby worruz » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:14 pm

All this from a thread about the celebration on Saturday :?:
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Stoney Ground » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Kettering punchbag. wrote:"I suspect..."
The Sun? A comic and certainly not for me but still the most read of the purchased,Metro being a freebie.
The Daily Mail? Generally known as the Ladies paper but now seemingly aligned with elderly brexiteers ( I'm sure someone once said leaving the EU will damage our club but so far,that's not quite worked out for the current NLS champions) that for the reason why, I can't quite put my finger on. Again,not for me but does apparently have a good crossword.
Ha ha ha ! A decent chap trapped in the Maelstrom of a totally discredited industry which is dying on its knees. Grab your pension (if there's any money left !) and spend more time down the Vale.

Anyhoo,must fly. Need to check and see if my phone has been hacked and Thursdays are always busy.

Up the Stones !!

Good to see you supporting the continental cuisine outlets in these troubled times.

Next instalment is KPs, in depth look at The Beano, The Dandy and Woman’s World :shock:
Stoney Ground

Postby GingerGuy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:39 pm

The Dandy hasn’t been published weekly since 2013, grandad :-)
It has a summer special this year, but it has been officially slated as “not funny” by my resident 8 year old.
GingerGuy

Postby worruz » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:47 pm

GingerGuy wrote:The Dandy hasn’t been published weekly since 2013, grandad :-)
It has a summer special this year, but it has been officially slated as “not funny” by my resident 8 year old.

I'm surprised Dundee's finest was still weekly as recently as 2013.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:22 pm

Hey stoney,pity there's not a magazine devoted to your physical attributes,with a title that maybe combined the aforementioned Beano and Dandy.
Pig in a passage and all that :D
Kettering punchbag.

Postby timfparks » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:15 pm

[quote="Stoney Ground"][quote="Kettering punchbag."]"I suspect..."

Hey Lance, I like being called a 'decent chap'. Doesn't take much to get me on your side. But is it really 'a discredited industry'? More like a marginalised industry, bludgeoned into senselessness (like the High Street) by the perfidious march of t'internet. I still maintain that a good quality newspaper is a precious thing. And to say otherwise reveals somebody who hasn't bought one in a very long time
timfparks

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:51 am

"Don't believe everything you read".
Sound advice from years gone by but now replaced with don't believe anything you read.Especially with that pesky internet digging around and finding out facts and such like,eh?
I regularly buy a newspaper and various weekly/ bi weekly current affairs magazines and have done so for all my adult life.
In addition,like many others, having experienced some of their investigative dark arts and versions of the facts,I feel reasonably qualified to discuss the merits of their content.
Want a good recipe,wine? Tick.
Unbiased reviews of books and films? Occasionally.
Travel advice and features? Broadens the mind.All the above can of course be personally verified.
Cartoons? Usually beyond reproach.
Sport? The results are hard to distort.
Politics,news,etc? Probably best to go back to comics but sometimes have a whiff of sense which is one of the reasons why I buy them.
As Samuel Langhorne Clemens once said, " never let the truth get in the way of a good story".
Kettering punchbag.

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum