National / South / North play-offs.

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: National / South / North play-offs.

Postby s.k.khanna » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Ronnie wrote:
deadly wrote:If anyone wants to watch all the North & South play-off games, you can follow the link here:

https://events.sportradar.com/en-int/pa ... -play-offs

It will cost you £14.99 , that is less than paying full wack to watch one game at Clarence Park, to put it in perspective. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad bloke that I am but I shall tune in, hoping to see Ryan Brunt suffering some heartache even though Iove Bath to come up.

Nothing sad about it all Ronnie! It’s actually quite rare, in fact unique, being given the opportunity to watch football at our level being televised live on TV and as well as those on here who’ve already confessed I’m sure there will be many more from our ranks who do so.

From a personal perspective there’s also something strangely satisfying about watching all the play-off finalists fighting it out amongst themselves to achieve what we already have. Using the Bath/Romans analogy it’s bit like watching the gladiators battling it out to the death in the Gladiator's Arena.

From the “Royals” Box I shall enjoy the bloodbath… :D
s.k.khanna

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 am

I agree.

And generally, It's a footie fest at the moment. Chance to watch Borehamwood for an hour (before the West Ham v Watford game) tonight and then Barnet tomorrow too. Can see what the standard is like at those 'top teams' in the National.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Ronnie wrote:
deadly wrote:If anyone wants to watch all the North & South play-off games, you can follow the link here:

https://events.sportradar.com/en-int/pa ... -play-offs

It will cost you £14.99 , that is less than paying full wack to watch one game at Clarence Park, to put it in perspective. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad bloke that I am but I shall tune in, hoping to see Ryan Brunt suffering some heartache even though Iove Bath to come up.

I don’t know if that w****r Rutherford who broke McClennan’s ankle is still at Havant but I’d like him to stay down.
worruz

Postby Stoney Ground » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:33 pm

No he signed for Dorking, during the shut down so can’t play for either. Less strain on the NHS the tosser.
Stoney Ground

Postby worruz » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:05 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:No he signed for Dorking, during the shut down so can’t play for either. Less strain on the NHS the tosser.

I see, I hadn't realised he'd gone
worruz

Postby worruz » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:59 pm

GingerGuy wrote:I’ll be tuning in, out of morbid curiosity to see just how fat Danny Kedwell has got during lockdown.

Matt Rhead of Borehamwood was quite porky as well. Scored the winner this evening though.
worruz

Postby deadly » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Play-off result: Boreham Wood 2 Halifax Town 1.

That means that we will be entertaining the Shaymen at the Vale next season and our fans (covid limits excepting) will be traveling to West Yorkshire. 8-)

Look at the size of the ground...I am still pinching myself that we will be going to places like this... :o
https://www.footballgroundguide.com/lea ... -town.html
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:04 pm

deadly wrote:Play-off result: Boreham Wood 2 Halifax Town 1.

That means that we will be entertaining the Shaymen at the Vale next season and our fans (covid limits excepting) will be traveling to West Yorkshire. 8-)

Look at the size of the ground...I am still pinching myself that we will be going to places like this... :o
https://www.footballgroundguide.com/lea ... -town.html

Substantiial ground alright. One day maybe. We will look so tinpot compared to that but who bloody cares. All the motivation to play them off the park.

We are going to Halifax!

But Barnet? We find out more tomo..
Royal Blue

Postby charlie » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:24 am

The Harrow council/Tony Kleanthous Football club v The Mighty Yeovil is on today 3pm Live BT sport.

Living the dream.. Living the dream... the tin pot club.. could face the Stones !
charlie

Postby worruz » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:54 pm

We're going back to Yeovil. They lost to Barnet today.

Barnet will play Notts County next week.
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum