Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

Postby deadly » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:59 am

timfparks wrote:
charlie wrote:"No matter it should never be forgotten".... says BKK. !!

(Someone personally involved in the project.)

There is an iconic picture around (Harrow Observer)of GB on the newly seeded pitch with the stand/changing rooms in the background .

Look forward to the award winning Home programme against this team.


Rest assured Charlie. The programme team are looking forward to getting our teeth into quite a few articles as we renew acquaintance with many traditional rivals this coming season... not least Barnet. And Nick and Darren will get their name checks as we attempt to temper anger and frustration with a powerful and professional ethic. I have my own views on the pointlessly oversized Hive and that programme will be one to remember (assuming the league allow us to publish one this season)


Tim is referring to this on-line debate.
It sounds daft to me and possibly someone is pulling football fans legs...
https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 5547978753
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
User avatar
deadly
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:28 pm
Location: Adeyfield, Hemel Hempstead, Herts

Re: Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:28 am

Turbulent times at Barnet. Around a dozen of their players have rejected new contracts and left. And now their manager and assistant have left the club as of this morning. Relegation material now perhaps?
BornundertheElmslie
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

Postby timfparks » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:22 am

Yes, just reading about the turmoil there... but I dare say Kleanthous is just reorganising things to a more sustainable budget. I can't see them struggling to attract good players.
timfparks
 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

Postby worruz » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:24 pm

timfparks wrote:Yes, just reading about the turmoil there... but I dare say Kleanthous is just reorganising things to a more sustainable budget. I can't see them struggling to attract good players.

I thought they'd already made some signings?

I didn't realise Junior Lewis was coaching there.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

Postby attic » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:29 pm

timfparks wrote:Yes, just reading about the turmoil there... but I dare say Kleanthous is just reorganising things to a more sustainable budget. I can't see them struggling to attract good players.


Or maybe trying to poach an up and coming manager from a Conference National club local to them.....
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
User avatar
attic
 
Posts: 8459
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:09 pm

attic wrote:Or maybe trying to poach an up and coming manager from a Conference National club local to them.....


I think DB has learnt his lesson in going to work for grade 1 tosspots.

I'm sure he has a good future ahead of him so managing a club thats going down faster than a one legged man doing the Hokey Cokey probably doesn't float his boat.
The Guvnor
 
Posts: 3559
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:08 pm

The Guvnor wrote:
attic wrote:Or maybe trying to poach an up and coming manager from a Conference National club local to them.....


I think DB has learnt his lesson in going to work for grade 1 tosspots.

I'm sure he has a good future ahead of him so managing a club thats going down faster than a one legged man doing the Hokey Cokey probably doesn't float his boat.


Barnet fans speculating why we're able to commit contracts for players whilst they appear to be slashing and burning, despite their claims "Financially we are 100% better...and most clubs up to L1 status. We have huge assets and a cash in hand balance from the sale of Underhill.".

I'm not sure that's actually the case though? The actual football club is one company in a group, and the parent company owns The Hive and the other businesses that drive the revenue streams. The (loss making) football club are no more than a tenant in the stadium, the revenues from which go back to the parent company. And the parent company then issues a budget for the football club. The assets and cash in the bank ultimately belong to the parent company, which is controlled by Tony Kleanthous, not the football club.

I'd argue they are in a perilous position, with zero assets and at the mercy of one man. DB has been down that road before at Ricay and we all know how that turned out..
Last edited by BornundertheElmslie on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BornundertheElmslie
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

Postby charlie » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:09 pm

The grade 1 tosspots in the last 10 years have had over 20 manager changes !.... Some going and coming back again .

No doubt the "main tosspot" pleading for some managers to return... As other potential candidates realised it was a poison short term job opportunity.

A club on the slide ?.....
charlie
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: Stones and Barnet resume rivalries, with a twist

Postby s.k.khanna » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:57 am

BornundertheElmslie wrote:Barnet fans speculating why we're able to commit contracts for players whilst they appear to be slashing and burning, despite their claims "Financially we are 100% better...and most clubs up to L1 status. We have huge assets and a cash in hand balance from the sale of Underhill.".

I'm not sure that's actually the case though? The actual football club is one company in a group, and the parent company owns The Hive and the other businesses that drive the revenue streams. The (loss making) football club are no more than a tenant in the stadium, the revenues from which go back to the parent company. And the parent company then issues a budget for the football club. The assets and cash in the bank ultimately belong to the parent company, which is controlled by Tony Kleanthous, not the football club.

I'd argue they are in a perilous position, with zero assets and at the mercy of one man. DB has been down that road before at Ricay and we all know how that turned out..

Certainly wouldn't dispute a lot of what you say except for the bit about them being "...in a perilous position"!

In my opinion Tony Kleanthous is a master of the mystic arts whose ability to use smoke and mirrors to hide whats actually going on has been proved numerous times especially with us. In recent months Barnet FC have been constantly in the public eye for one reason or another acquiring public sympathies for their plights, while his little back-burner project [ https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/june ... ve-london/ ] receives no publicity at all which is great for him and his master-plan as it quitely continues with little or no public complaint. If the football club is in financial strife, in the same way Supermarkets have "loss-leaders" to attract people to their stores, I believe the football club is just the focus point for their main projects and when they are riding high in the National League Premier in 8 months time people will wonder what all the fuss was about...

Then again they've now stopped getting their parachute payments from the Football League and I could be wrong and they fold. Now that I would think is funny!!!
s.k.khanna
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:33 pm

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rayners Blue is Back and 25 guests