Extraordinary General Meeting

For all things Wealdstone FC

Extraordinary General Meeting

Postby Bowgetstone » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:17 am

I have just received an email from the club advising of an Extraordinary General Meeting to be held in August. The email finishes by explaining that the meeting is open to shareholders only. I would like to have attended the meeting had I received the promised shares after the last begging bowl round. Did anyone receive the promised shares? I’ll wager they didn’t. As with the trophy presentation, another example of the supporters being taken for granted.
Bowgetstone

Re: Extraordinary General Meeting

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:40 am

Bowgetstone wrote:I have just received an email from the club advising of an Extraordinary General Meeting to be held in August. The email finishes by explaining that the meeting is open to shareholders only. I would like to have attended the meeting had I received the promised shares after the last begging bowl round. Did anyone receive the promised shares? I’ll wager they didn’t. As with the trophy presentation, another example of the supporters being taken for granted.

I got a share certificate recently for additional shares.
Elmslie Ender

Postby Yellowcoat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:46 am

I can confirm mine was received as well. No need for conspiracy theories.
Yellowcoat

Postby 61663 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:49 am

One assumes the club will have had time by then to have invested in a commercial license for a virtual meeting software program and learnt how to use it effectively .... could have had a trial run with presentation of the trophy the other day.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby breakspear stones » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am

I also received my share certificate in the last couple of weeks
breakspear stones

Postby attic » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:31 am

Absolutely right to keep the meeting as formal and to the relevant audience as possible. The higher we go the more directed these meetings need to be. Can do without the embarrassment of 2016 again.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Ronnie » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:04 am

Bowgetstone wrote:I have just received an email from the club advising of an Extraordinary General Meeting to be held in August. The email finishes by explaining that the meeting is open to shareholders only. I would like to have attended the meeting had I received the promised shares after the last begging bowl round. Did anyone receive the promised shares? I’ll wager they didn’t. As with the trophy presentation, another example of the supporters being taken for granted.

Presumably if you received the email you are a shareholder? Check with Andrew Lane if you haven't received your certificate, like others mine arrived in the last fortnight or so
Ronnie

Postby Andrew » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Bowgetstone, please get in touch with me andrewlane40@icloud.com. Thanks
Andrew

Postby CJC » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:35 pm

What time should not shareholding supporters attend or are they allowed in but not too vote?
CJC

Postby breakspear stones » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:18 pm

CJC wrote:What time should not shareholding supporters attend or are they allowed in but not too vote?

Why not purchase some shares & you can vote as well
breakspear stones

Next

Return to stonesnet forum