Extraordinary General Meeting

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Extraordinary General Meeting

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:32 am

This would seem to be a meeting of some importance and as such the ability of all share holders to cast their vote especially so.

The wisdom of those who recreated our club constitution so that one person cannot rule the roost or indeed impede the progress of the club could be one of the best decisions made and an oasis in amongst a desert of decision making of truly f***wit proportions.

If it is all about voting through an amendment does the club intend to allow those share holders who can't attend their opportunity to vote ?
The Guvnor

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:48 am

The Guvnor wrote:This would seem to be a meeting of some importance and as such the ability of all share holders to cast their vote especially so.

The wisdom of those who recreated our club constitution so that one person cannot rule the roost or indeed impede the progress of the club could be one of the best decisions made and an oasis in amongst a desert of decision making of truly f***wit proportions.

If it is all about voting through an amendment does the club intend to allow those share holders who can't attend their opportunity to vote ?

You can get a proxy voting form from Andrew Lane. Email is further up thread.
Stoney Ground

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:06 am

Stoney Ground wrote:You can get a proxy voting form from Andrew Lane. Email is further up thread.

Cheers SG.
The Guvnor

Postby breakspear stones » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:13 am

TTC will be there

UTS
breakspear stones

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:18 am

breakspear stones wrote:TTC will be there

UTS

A lot of TTC will vote by Proxy, as they live a fair distance from the club.

One club.
Stoney Ground

Postby breakspear stones » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:23 am

Stoney Ground wrote:
breakspear stones wrote:TTC will be there

UTS

A lot of TTC will vote by Proxy, as they live a fair distance from the club.

One club.

Hahahaha

I do enjoy it when people take the bait

UTS
breakspear stones

Postby BKK » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:06 pm

I doubt whether there will be physically many there on Sunday even though ‘socially distanced’. Zoom a step too far presumably, so proxy voting is important as I have done

It will be interesting to hear what the ‘large shareholder’ has to say to make a case as there is a tendency for the incumbent board to gang up and persuade shareholders of a disruptive intention without the explanation of how we arrived here in the first place. Two sides to every story.

Dialogue between both sides is needed and I sincerely hope will take place before Sunday? Let’s avoid pointless confrontation or worse, impasse. No one wants this
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby CJC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:33 pm

Maybe I will!
Last edited by CJC on Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CJC

Postby CJC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:35 pm

breakspear stones wrote:
CJC wrote:What time should not shareholding supporters attend or are they allowed in but not too vote?

Why not purchase some shares & you can vote as well

Maybe I will!
CJC

Postby Ronnie » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:35 pm

BKK wrote:I doubt whether there will be physically many there on Sunday even though ‘socially distanced’. Zoom a step too far presumably, so proxy voting is important as I have done

It will be interesting to hear what the ‘large shareholder’ has to say to make a case as there is a tendency for the incumbent board to gang up and persuade shareholders of a disruptive intention without the explanation of how we arrived here in the first place. Two sides to every story.

Dialogue between both sides is needed and I sincerely hope will take place before Sunday? Let’s avoid pointless confrontation or worse, impasse. No one wants this

Agree with this in principle. I don't think I've witnessed the kind of ganging up you refer to in recent times if honest and opposing views/sides have for the large part been given time to have their say. The issue here is that things didn't work out for PM as he would have liked, and having pumped in significant sums, I'd be surprised if he didn't want something back. Pure guesswork obviously, but most in his shoes would probably do the same. If the motions make this less likely, then of course he'd vote against. Whether we agree or not with everything he did as Chairman, we certainly benefitted greatly as a club from his investment.

As shareholders we must do what we believe is in the best long term interest of the club, having taken into account different and opposing views. It is a shame for those voting by proxy that they won't get to hear those (if of course we hear them at the meeting). Equally there's been ample time for those views to be aired since the meeting was announced.
Ronnie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum