Extraordinary General Meeting

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Extraordinary General Meeting

Postby FGW » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:58 am

So, did the Executive Board give any indication when we can expect to see the request for fans contributions for the upcoming season?

Did the post match fans Q &A session take place?

(Interesting to know progress with the Ground Naming & Shirt sponsorship(s) that had been mentioned previously (and any other cunning plans to raise funds)
FGW

Postby Lanarkian » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:03 am

There was no real Q&A session. There may have been some informal chat later but it was a relatively formal meeting. I suspect that we shall have to wait for the next AGM unless there is a Q&A session or Supporters Club meeting arranged. Ah well, here comes the next thunderstorm in a series.
Lanarkian

Postby Ronnie » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:36 am

FGW wrote:So, did the Executive Board give any indication when we can expect to see the request for fans contributions for the upcoming season?

Did the post match fans Q &A session take place?

(Interesting to know progress with the Ground Naming & Shirt sponsorship(s) that had been mentioned previously (and any other cunning plans to raise funds)

Anyone there had the opportunity to ask any questions, all a bit quiet on that front.
Ronnie

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:56 pm

Ok, it sounds as if the board got what it required - so I guess we'll move to phase 2 of revenue generation on the share front fairly soon..

DB wants to "make an impact" in the National League and I think that's the right balance between saying a) we're going to challenge and b) we'll do everything we can to avoid relegation.

We'll be in the spotlight a bit as returners/newcomers so an opportunity at least to build the Wealdstone brand - which obviously is important for investors and sponsors. The stadium improvements sound good too. It's certainly very challenging but it's not ALL doom and gloom.

Although we're a long way off Oct 5 still, I expect the management team will be busy this week trying to assemble the bones of a first team for Saturday.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:17 pm

FGW wrote:Did the post match fans Q &A session take place?

Must admit I thought there was going to be a SC meeting after but it must have been cancelled without me hearing about it.
worruz

Postby 61663 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:18 pm

It would be helpful if the three motions passed last night - albeit one without the requisite 75% threshold - were publicised here In full....

I am fairly confident I’m not the only person confused what the outcome of these votes actually means In plain English for the club’s fans and the club itself..

According to the most recent Companies House records filed in March 2020, PM in his own right owned 67915 (24.87%) out of a total of 272994 ordinary shares issued at that time. The resolution requiring 75% support was never going to get passed if PM on his own was opposed to it. He wouldn’t need any proxy support. You would need virtually every other single or multiple shareholder to support the motion.

So yes definitely a time for diplomacy and reconciliation if the implications of the ‘failed’ motion are critical for the successful functioning of the club in the NL
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby worruz » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:19 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:WSome unfortunate stuff seems to have been said too which if true doesn't really paint anyone in a good light.

I fully understand there is a lot of frustration and angst from both side on this but when we have AGMs/EGMs etc I wish they would be a little more decorum from all assembled.

If I attended a work meeting and used the sort of language that was thrown about last night I'd be out the door.
worruz

Postby worruz » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 pm

61663 wrote:
So yes definitely a time for diplomacy and reconciliation if the implications of the ‘failed’ motion are critical for the successful functioning of the club in the NL

Unfortunately, after being in attendance last night I think the reconciliation horse has bolted.

Its not only bolted, its crossed the road, had a pint in the local, trotted down to the next village and is now operating a small start up business for ecommerrce.
Its struggling a bit at the moment due to Covid but is hoping things pick up again in time.
worruz

Postby Lanarkian » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm

The number of actual shares (as at last night) is 276,853. I know from my days as a director of a national social organisation that it needs a 75% vote to amend the Mems and Arts and that would obviously be difficult with the current shareholding.

At present, I do not know what the existing Mems and Arts say but I might try to find out at Companies House.

I am afraid it needs some grown-up behaviour from the Board and Peter Marsden to resolve this current situation. Last night frankly was embarrassing.
Lanarkian

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:02 pm

From anyone in attendance - did the large shareholder (PM) actually say what he wants? He did last year 19/20 (I was there) - his money back. If that is currently what he wants - that would appear to be a position diametrical opposed to what the club is trying to achieve at the moment - i.e the raising of revenue.

If there is someone with a clear summary of what happened last night that would be great - it might put an end to the speculation.
Royal Blue

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum