Fascinating Facts (...or tedious trivia!)

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Fascinating Facts (...or tedious trivia!)

Postby spire » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:36 pm

I'm told they do a hi-6 up there rather than hi-5.
spire

Postby s.k.khanna » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:29 pm

deadly wrote:More realistic ground capacities are listed on the FootballGroundsGuide:
https://www.footballgroundguide.com/lea ... expand=all
Click on the non-League tab top right to access all the National League clubs.

They still have not got round yet to putting the various promoted / relegated grounds in the correct divisions, but they are all there and list all the facilities, capacities, ground photos, future developments, nearest pubs..
Bromley for instance looks different from our last visit there as it now has had a full length seated stand at he far end recently installed.

Altrincham is listed there as having a 6,085 capacity.

King's Lynn is listed as having a capacity of 8,200..but remember they have been using all their toes & fingers & toes to do the count.. :o :o :o :o

I did try to find an updated definitive list of National League ground capacities on various websites and the only thing they had in common was that they were all different. Wikipedia, Football Ground Map, Futbology and even the Club Websites themselves were looked at but a number of ground developments and upgrades appear to have taken place over the lockdown period which have not been reflected in the ground capacity listed. I found 4 different ground capacities for the Vale.
The purpose of the exercise was to show the polarity in the differing ground sizes so I simply stuck to the figures given in the video. :ugeek:

The film itself was apparently taken from 2018 Google Maps so even some of the film footage is probably out of date.
s.k.khanna

Postby worruz » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:24 am

s.k.khanna wrote:
deadly wrote:More realistic ground capacities are listed on the FootballGroundsGuide:
https://www.footballgroundguide.com/lea ... expand=all
Click on the non-League tab top right to access all the National League clubs.

They still have not got round yet to putting the various promoted / relegated grounds in the correct divisions, but they are all there and list all the facilities, capacities, ground photos, future developments, nearest pubs..
Bromley for instance looks different from our last visit there as it now has had a full length seated stand at he far end recently installed.

Altrincham is listed there as having a 6,085 capacity.

King's Lynn is listed as having a capacity of 8,200..but remember they have been using all their toes & fingers & toes to do the count.. :o :o :o :o

I did try to find an updated definitive list of National League ground capacities on various websites and the only thing they had in common was that they were all different. Wikipedia, Football Ground Map, Futbology and even the Club Websites themselves were looked at but a number of ground developments and upgrades appear to have taken place over the lockdown period which have not been reflected in the ground capacity listed. I found 4 different ground capacities for the Vale.
The purpose of the exercise was to show the polarity in the differing ground sizes so I simply stuck to the figures given in the video. :ugeek:

The film itself was apparently taken from 2018 Google Maps so even some of the film footage is probably out of date.

Well I appreciated it anyway.

Don't let people like Deadly get you down.

He's always trying to belittle people.
:lol:
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby s.k.khanna » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:09 pm

worruz wrote:Well I appreciated it anyway.

Don't let people like Deadly get you down.

He's always trying to belittle people. :lol:

Thanks Pete but I rarely speak ill of the dead and I certainly wouldn’t let a corpse belittle me! I like to show a little patience and understanding by explaining things to our elderly and infirm as we don’t know how long they’re going to be with us! :D
s.k.khanna

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:12 pm

With the release of the fixtures earlier today the following is a list of all the teams we will be playing on a Tuesday away from home during the course of the Season. Some awkward journeys for the part-time fan (if allowed) but to be fair to the League the reverse fixtures are also on a Tuesday at the Vale.
Yeovil Town
King's Lynn Town
Eastleigh
Macclesfield Town
Altrincham
Torquay United
s.k.khanna

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:12 pm

s.k.khanna wrote:With the release of the fixtures earlier today the following is a list of all the teams we will be playing on a Tuesday away from home during the course of the Season. Some awkward journeys for the part-time fan (if allowed) but to be fair to the League the reverse fixtures are also on a Tuesday at the Vale.
Yeovil Town
King's Lynn Town
Eastleigh
Macclesfield Town
Altrincham
Torquay United

Fascinating
Stoney Ground

Postby s.k.khanna » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:26 am

Stoney Ground wrote:
s.k.khanna wrote:With the release of the fixtures earlier today the following is a list of all the teams we will be playing on a Tuesday away from home during the course of the Season. Some awkward journeys for the part-time fan (if allowed) but to be fair to the League the reverse fixtures are also on a Tuesday at the Vale.
Yeovil Town
King's Lynn Town
Eastleigh
Macclesfield Town
Altrincham
Torquay United

Fascinating

...and factual too! 8-)
s.k.khanna

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:59 pm

With Wealdstone having the foresight to install a match streaming service for all our home pre-season friendlies, they are, of course, well prepared for the forthcoming season which will start behind closed doors. You would've thought that it was a no-brainer that all the National League clubs in our division would have something similar in place. Not so apparently. I’ve just panned through all the Clubs to see what’s on offer for this forthcoming Saturday and come up with the following:

Altrincham v Weymouth
Alty TV showing intention to live stream matches but no details of Saturday or future costs at the time of writing. Think they're leaving it late to promote it.

Barnet v Eastleigh
No obvious live feed showing on either club’s website.

Dover Athletic v Notts County
Dover Athletic are showing all home matches @ £8 per match.

FC Halifax Town v Dagenham & Redbridge
Video equipment shown being installed on their website but no match details provided which suggests it’s not being screened. Installation may just relate to just the BT highlights show.

Hartlepool United v Aldershot Town
Live stream £9.99 per match - all season ticket holders receive streaming service free of charge.

Sutton United v Maidenhead United
No obvious live feed showing on either club’s website.

Torquay United v Stockport County
No obvious live feed showing on either club’s website but Torquay did live stream their pre-season friendly against Hemel Hempstead Town for £4 so would suggest they have the facility. Leaving it late to promote it though.

Wealdstone v Chesterfield
Live stream £9.99 per match - all season ticket holders receive streaming service free of charge. (As if you didn't know!)

Woking v Solihull Moors
All home matches are being shown @ £12 per match.

Wrexham v Boreham Wood
All home matches are being streamed and fans given the opportunity to pay £10, £15 or £20 per match to help subsidise the loss in match-day revenue whilst also remaining as affordable as possible for all.

King's Lynn Town v Yeovil Town
Is being shown live on BT Sport @ 5.20pm.

I might've missed something obvious on the official sites I looked at but I don't think so. Remembering we’re playing Yeovil Town next Tuesday (6 October) I’ve had a look at their website and they do have a YouTube website that streams live matches. Well they streamed their friendly against Bournemouth Under23’s on 26 September 2020 anyhow.
No details regarding the Wealdstone match at this stage though.
s.k.khanna

Postby s.k.khanna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:26 pm

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/dage ... y-bt-sport

On the Assumption you've already read the above thread...

The last time we appeared live on telly was on Saturday 7 November 2015 when we played Colchester United in the Emirates F.A.Cup 1st Round.
Admittedly it was on the betting company Bet365's live streaming channel, and you would've had to plug your PC to the telly to actually watch it on the telly, but it was live and counts in my book...
(...did you see what I did there! :P )
s.k.khanna

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum