Pre season fixtures and potential streaming

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Pre season fixtures and potential streaming

Postby 61663 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Ally wrote:Tickets are on sale on the Bedford Town website

Have they published the mandatory risk assessment?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby deadly » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:20 pm

Yes indeed, and selling fast. Book NOW!
https://bedfordtownfc.ktckts.com/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Elmslie Ender » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:31 am

61663 wrote:

Have they published the mandatory risk assessment?

Here you go:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/file ... d%2019.pdf
Elmslie Ender

Postby deadly » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:57 am

For all our home pre-season fixtures, there is still a no fans allowed policy but fans will be able to watch via the clubs on-line facility for the price of £5.99, per game, which will give the club some income at least.
Who knows, this may well be the normal in the near future, with teams playing in near-empty grounds, & most watching via tellys at home, in pubs, on pc's and phones...a terrifying and depressing prospect.

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/live-streaming
For anyone wanting to watch the game live, it appears that you need to take note not to purchase your viewing rights too early!
1 video streaming
48 hours streaming period will start once your transaction is complete.

There could be an on-line log jam as kick-off approaches...

Will the clubhouse be open to fans, and will it be showing the game live on the tellys and big screen? (asking for a friend)
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Blue Pom » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:25 am

Will the streaming stretch around the corner to erm....NZ? I would love to be able to watch the Stones again since my last live game away to Carshalton on a very cold rain night( lost1-0) in 2009 possibly? A great way for me to donate some money and would suit me not to watch it at 4.00am my time if I can view it later. Same for league games if there might be live streaming, that I would get up for!
Blue Pom

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:46 am

Blue Pom wrote:Will the streaming stretch around the corner to erm....NZ? I would love to be able to watch the Stones again since my last live game away to Carshalton on a very cold rain night( lost1-0) in 2009 possibly? A great way for me to donate some money and would suit me not to watch it at 4.00am my time if I can view it later. Same for league games if there might be live streaming, that I would get up for!

I assume Wealdstone FC will own the content for our handful of home friendly games and I can see no reason why a football game wouldn't be available anywhere in the world. Whether it has a catchup facility I do not know. Little is known about it actually, which is understandable at this point in time.

Regarding live streaming generally for the league games, that is a much bigger fish as it may involve BT Sport, who already have some rights. But BT Sport won't be at every game? Which potentially leaves another deal to be done if this is something the National League and clubs would like to happen. I would imagine they would be interested due to the fact that some clubs may not have capacity for all their home fans and/or the away fans and it is a source of revenue. Where they are with these negotiations if indeed they are happening at all is unknown. As things stand, the only games you'll see live are the home friendlies. It'll only cost you £5.99 to check it out.

Perhaps we could do Wealdstone FC Radio or Wealdstone FC Fans Radio live in addition to Twitter if anyone is interested? Other clubs do it.
Last edited by Royal Blue on Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:03 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
Perhaps we could do Wealdstone FC Radio or Wealdstone FC Fans Radio live in addition to Twitter if anyone is interested? Other clubs do it.

I've often thought this but like anything its getting someone to do it. May not get any supporters willing to do it. Maybe a young person wanting to get into broadcasting might be interested.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby LapelsToby » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:18 pm

I can offer a lift from Wealdstone/Watford with two tickets (£10 each) to anyone needing a lift to Bedford tomorrow morning. Non-smokers with face masks preferred!!!

Text me on 07775 554006 if of interest.

Toby
LapelsToby

Postby s.k.khanna » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:28 pm

Royal Blue wrote: Regarding live streaming generally for the league games, that is a much bigger fish as it may involve BT Sport, who already have some rights.

BT Sport don't just have "some rights" they have exclusive rights which means no-one can broadcast National League Premier League matches except them.

Royal Blue wrote: But BT Sport won't be at every game?

Actually they are. Whilst they broadcast a pre-determined live match every week they also have at least one camera at all (Premier) home grounds for their National League Highlights Show which they broadcast a few times in the week. Having seen it a few times the visual quality is significantly superior to that of the recent Sportradar Coverage of the Play-Offs but given the circumstances that was to be expected.

A more detailed review of their remit is available here: [ https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/bt-sport ... 78.article ]

Whether BT will expand their coverage to include all matches and include a further subscription service for other National League matches remains to be seen. I personally do not think it likely primarily due to television contractual reasons which specifies the number of live matches they have to honour. I'm not privy to the contract but I imagine it also incorporates the "UEFA Article 48" mentioned on a separate thread which although not aimed at the National League level means they also won't broadcast live football matches between the hours of 2.45pm and 5.15pm in the UK to fall in line with the Premier League & EFL television broadcasts deals. Furthermore BT Sport also have exclusive rights to live Rugby Union Premiership matches which they do screen during the banned football hours. They are unlikely to compete with themselves.

But times are changing. Fans are gradually being let in to non-league grounds slowly and gradually and perhaps if things go well by the time October 3rd comes around we will be allowed into grounds anyway.
s.k.khanna

Postby Blue Pom » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:43 pm

If Wealdstone's games, if shown are on BT Sport I just might be able to watch them on a South American network I sometimes use. They show BTS so that would be really good and costs nothing. Guess I'll find out when the season starts.
Blue Pom

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum