Clifford ..and Dennon Gone?

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Clifford ..and Dennon Gone?

Postby 61663 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:01 pm

s.k.khanna wrote:
The Guvnor wrote: Do people not see Clifford is just sticking two fingers up at the club and fans. If he'd left at the end of the season then fine thats his choice but he only signed a new contract with us a few weeks ago which he was happy to do so. Then a better offer comes along and he's off like a shot.

Whilst my knowledge of player contracts at this level is limited (so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) but surely if any player is contracted to us, however short his stay is, if he is then sold to another club then do we not command a transfer fee for him ?. If he is not contracted and goes on a free transfer then obviously we receive nothing.

In this respect is it not financially beneficial to ourselves it was done in the fashion it was ?

Clarification from the club definitely required about how this came about and especially if no transfer fee involved ....

Did his new one year contract run on from the expiry of the old one .... or did the start date of the new one differ from the actual date of his signing the new contract?

Not a good precedent if it was the latter allowing clubs to come in and cherry pick and avoid paying a transfer fee.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Royal Blue

Postby attic » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:19 pm

Royal Blue wrote:A strange move I thought -

https://twitter.com/bclifford47/status/ ... 2105382912

But it looks like our decision -

https://twitter.com/HWFCOfficial/status ... 7207460875

Wasn't he struggling to get a contract from any club at our level last pre season? Did we even give him a contract out of interest? Either way he did well for us and we possibly gave his career a shot in the arm. Worked out well for both parties. Can be replaced I'm sure.

As our former videographer suggested though....GK is a big position to fill now. Hasn't the Ox done himself a serious injury at Norwich?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Lanarkian » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Lanarkian

Postby attic » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:41 pm

A tweet from the Ox suggests a serious injury requiring surgery.

Dare I say there's a chance some of those who play against us for Luton or Wycombe may end up at the Stones.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby breakspear stones » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:44 pm

Lanarkian wrote:The Ox has gone north.
https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/oxb ... -1-6773510

The Ox is out for the season after suffering a serious injury in training with Norwich

Shame as he a nice lad who has a great future in the game i
breakspear stones

Postby Lanarkian » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:50 pm

Ouch! I hadn't seen that. Was he injured previously? It seems to ring a bell. Anyway, I hope he has a speedy and full recovery.
Lanarkian

Postby breakspear stones » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:56 pm

Lanarkian wrote:Ouch! I hadn't seen that. Was he injured previously? It seems to ring a bell. Anyway, I hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

He broke his finger last season & that’s when we got Harry Isted in I believe
breakspear stones

Postby s.k.khanna » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:27 pm

61663 wrote:Clarification from the club definitely required about how this came about and especially if no transfer fee involved ....

Did his new one year contract run on from the expiry of the old one .... or did the start date of the new one differ from the actual date of his signing the new contract?

Not a good precedent if it was the latter allowing clubs to come in and cherry pick and avoid paying a transfer fee.

I imagine the mechanics of any "behind the scenes" transactions regarding player contracts and/or transfer deals will remain confidential as it always has done (unless someone leaks something!)
We entrust the Board to get the best possible deal for the Club and I assume in this instance they have done.
s.k.khanna

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum