Clifford ..and Dennon Gone?

For all things Wealdstone FC

Clifford ..and Dennon Gone?

Postby charlie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Oh dear.. we are in the shit ..if Effete follows.
charlie

Re: Clifford ..and Dennon Gone?

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:02 pm

Such a shame to see Clifford go, was such a key player for us last season. Surprising too given the announcement a month or so ago that he'd agreed a new one year contract with us. Money talks I guess, not many other reasons why you'd turn down a season at the top level of non-league football with the Champions for a club back at the level you'd worked so hard to get out of. He and Poku in the middle of the park will be formidable for them.

Dennon is destined for the EFL, not sure whether it will be with Charlton though even if he is training with them. They are still under a transfer embargo.

What is for certain though is DB and SM will already have targets lined up to replace Clifford and Dennon (if he does go), and hopefully players with recent NL experience too.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:07 pm

If DB is the manager I think he is then I wouldn't expect our side for the first league game will contain more than 5/6 players from last year.

No player is irreplaceable, especially with so many players available who were playing in EFL 1 and 2 last season.

Clifford is a decent player but he's definitely one I would have had a question mark over in the NL.
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Clifford. Very good footballer. Did well for us overall. Had a bit of a dip in form over Xmas but came back superbly in the game at Havant. Good luck to to him.

Question is....do we need a different sort of midfielder for the NL? We saw how decent Ryman players struggled to adjust to the CS. I'd suggest Philips and Charles are physically capable of stepping up in the midfield.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Not Happy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:25 am

charlie wrote:Oh dear.. we are in the shit ..if Effete follows.

Predictable nonsense. The howling on social media is embarrassing. Why would the manager be concerned about losing a player who doubts his own ability to play at the level above?
Not Happy

Postby charlie » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Its all nonsense Happy.

He has no doubts about his own ability...... Its all about the... Money Money.

I would think DB is gutted losing a player he regards as Exam standard B,B+.
charlie

Postby worruz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:03 pm

Not Happy wrote:Why would the manager be concerned about losing a player who doubts his own ability to play at the level above?

Again, I suppose this would not be known to the majority of people.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Not Happy wrote:Predictable nonsense. The howling on social media is embarrassing. Why would the manager be concerned about losing a player who doubts his own ability to play at the level above?

For once I'm in total agreement with you.

I think some Wealdstone fans if you shagged their wife, took their house and life savings would wish you all the best for the future.

Do people not see Clifford is just sticking two fingers up at the club and fans. If he'd left at the end of the season then fine thats his choice but he only signed a new contract with us a few weeks ago which he was happy to do so. Then a better offer comes along and he's off like a shot.

Once a Stone = once a Stone
The Guvnor

Postby s.k.khanna » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:18 pm

The Guvnor wrote: Do people not see Clifford is just sticking two fingers up at the club and fans. If he'd left at the end of the season then fine thats his choice but he only signed a new contract with us a few weeks ago which he was happy to do so. Then a better offer comes along and he's off like a shot.

Whilst my knowledge of player contracts at this level is limited (so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) but surely if any player is contracted to us, however short his stay is, if he is then sold to another club then do we not command a transfer fee for him ?. If he is not contracted and goes on a free transfer then obviously we receive nothing.

In this respect is it not financially beneficial to ourselves it was done in the fashion it was ?
s.k.khanna

Postby 08masonl » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:10 pm

It may of gone a miss on here but we're currently without a goalkeeper..
08masonl

Next

Return to stonesnet forum