Bedford Town Away Friendly Saturday August 22nd

For all things Wealdstone FC

Bedford Town Away Friendly Saturday August 22nd

Postby LapelsToby » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:04 pm

The Bedford Town website states that 150 fans can attend this Saturday's Friendly which is kicking off at 11.30am for some reason.

Tickets are meant to be available on a first come basis only by online application. You can book via http://www.bedfordtownfc.ktckts.com - admission price is £10, or £5 for concessions. Covid-restrictions in force!

There is also reference to Bedford Town season ticket holders being allowed in, but whether they are included in the 150, I don't know. One message stated that you could book a ticket online from Thursday (no indication of time) up until Saturday morning subject to the maximum gate permitted, but I just tried and managed to buy a ticket a little while ago.

I can only see the fixture on the club website rather than ticket details, so thought I would post this information.
LapelsToby

Re: Bedford Town Away Friendly Saturday August 22nd

Postby LapelsToby » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:25 pm

......apologies, I have now found some reference to Saturday's game on the "Pre-season fixtures and streaming" pages.
LapelsToby

Postby s.k.khanna » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Just had a look at their crowds for actual League matches last season and it varies between the 200-300 mark so I can't imagine for a Pre-Season Friendly there will be that many in attendance.
Mind you I do know someone who said he doesn't do "Friendlies" and he's going so perhaps there may be more than expected.

Having been there before I would advise wearing a face-mask. Not because of the Covid19 Pandemic but because of the pong that emanates from the Sewage farm nearby. If the aroma gets caught in the wind and it hits you in the face it will knock you down quicker than any Covid19 infection!!! :shock:
s.k.khanna

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:41 pm

Got one at https://bedfordtownfc.ktckts.com/

First Wealdstone fixture in 5 months and perhaps the only one you'll get to see in the flesh anytime soon - unless Northwood let some fans in?

Intriguing to see what team we put out. Bit of a collectors friendly this one.
Royal Blue

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:48 am

The squad should have a very familiar look to it with the majority being re-signed.

I expect Dennon Lewis will leave and I suspect DB does too hence the signing of Wishart who will be a direct replacement.

As always some of those signed this Summer may not make it beyond pre season, but thats the game, give them an opportunity and its up to them.

Feel sure DB will use the loan market more than last season but there will still be a few on trial trying to get a contract. I'm sure I read it somewhere but DB will need a minimum squad of 22 this season with the added games and of course a reduced time period to get those games played.

More than anything though, after 5 months its just good to be playing again.
The Guvnor

Postby LapelsToby » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:19 pm

I can offer a lift from Wealdstone/Watford with two tickets (£10 each) to anyone needing a lift to Bedford tomorrow morning. Non-smokers with face masks preferred!!!

Text me on 07775 554006 if of interest.

Toby
LapelsToby

Return to stonesnet forum