Bedford Town 1 Wealdstone 3 - Pre season

For all things Wealdstone FC

Bedford Town 1 Wealdstone 3 - Pre season

Postby worruz » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:19 pm

I didn’t see all of it.

Just most of the second half on YouTube.

Still, I think it’s safe to be fairly confident we’ll be title contenders.
We’re gonna win the league
Last edited by worruz on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Re: Bedford Town 1 Wealdstone 3 - Pre season

Postby The Guvnor » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Like many others i watched the intermittent live stream so hard to make any real assessment of the day. Definitely an element of rustiness and a few who looked a bit heavy. Some players just need to be training and playing regularly !

First half we looked totally in control and 2nd half we didn't.

Didn't think much of any of the trialists but its very early days and to be fair the pitch was about as good as their live stream. I thought Parrish looked sharp but Hughes seemed a bit one paced and got caught on his heels a bit.Cawley looked solid enough and probably the pick of the new boys. No Wishart today.

Onwards and upwards.

UTS
The Guvnor

Postby charlie » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Hmm conclusion ? Two leagues below Bedford.

Still need a keeper and a replacement for Billy Clifford... Number 21 upfront ???
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:51 pm

Very enjoyable late morning kick-about. Working out who everyone was was a challenge. Sam Beasant started in goal, who the other goalie was 2nd half - no idea. Connor Smith almost unrecognisable with his new hairstyle but did good. Mendy Mendy all beefed up - lacked sharpness but that will come. Effete and Parish caught the eye. Hughes’ goal was good too. All fine except the horrible injury to one of our players, who I understand has gone to hospital. That after 8-9 minutes.

But great to be watching live football again.
Last edited by Royal Blue on Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Royal Blue

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Royal Blue wrote:Very enjoyable late morning kickabout Working out he everyone was was the challenge. Sam Beasant started in goal, who the other goalie was 2nd half - no idea. Connor Smith almost unrecognisable with his new hairstyle but did good. Mendy Mendy all beefed up - lacked sharpness but that will come. Effete and Parish caught the eye. Hughes’ goal was good too. All fine except the horrific injury to one of our players, who I understand has gone to hospital. That after 8-9 minutes.

But great to be watching live football again.

Lewis Everett who was with us last season.
Stoney Ground

Postby Ronnie » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:25 pm

Really enjoyed today, was never going to be any other way having not seen live sport for so long. I really like the look of Danny Parish, I think he'll have a decent season for us. 1st half much stronger and better organised, 2nd half after the changes a bit scrappier and Bedford had plenty of chances. Great to see McLennan back playing.

Some good strong challenges and a proper game of football, wishing the trialist well that got stretchered off early on.
Ronnie

Postby attic » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:54 pm

The fact there was a couple of flare ups, one pretty impressive speaks volumes about the attitude of both sides to this game. Agree Beanie Parish looked decent and will keep Moses and RLF on their toes. Liked the number 19 too who looked full of energy.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:47 am

Nice to be at a real game of football after all these months. Arrived a little late so didn’t see the injury to the trialist, who I understand we were very keen to sign. Hopefully his season isn’t over before it started.

Bedford were six or seven games deep into their PSFs so a decent test for us first up. Parish looks a good forward and helpful that that both he and Hughes got off the mark first up.

Quite a feisty game at times , but what was very noticeable is the majority of the Trialists were taller and stronger than previous years. We looked a big side.
Elmslie Ender

Return to stonesnet forum