Wealdstone vs Luton Town Pre Season Friendly

For all things Wealdstone FC

Wealdstone vs Luton Town Pre Season Friendly

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:38 am

Ok, we are not really going to want a whipping by Luton’s first team at this stage so what is the strongest line-up we can put out tomorrow?

Goalkeeper
Okimo
Stevens
McLennan
Effete

Smith
Charles
Phillips
Wishart

Emmanuel
Parish

Subs

Green
Mendy Mendy
Lafayette
Shepard
Hughes
Cawley

An embarrassment of riches at such an early stage of preparation for the season.

Thoughts?
Royal Blue

Re: Wealdstone vs Luton Town Pre Season Friendly

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:47 am

Royal Blue wrote:Ok, we are not really going to want a whipping by Luton’s first team at this stage so what is the strongest line-up we can put out tomorrow?

Goalkeeper
Okimo
Stevens
McLennan
Effete

Smith
Charles
Phillips
Wishart

Emmanuel
Parish

Subs

Green
Mendy Mendy
Lafayette
Shepard
Hughes
Cawley

An embarrassment of riches at such an early stage of preparation for the season.

Thoughts?

Midfield looks a bit unbalanced there.. 3 holding midfielders and a winger (Wishart). We definitely need a replacement for Clifford now, someone to pull the strings in the middle of the park. Back 4 looks very strong.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:51 am

Agreed, midfield needs some work. Thought that at Bedford too. Clifford replacement playmaker yes.
Royal Blue

Postby charlie » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:51 am

Would question the keeper. Is he an improvement on Northy ? ..We have been spoilt with the Ox

The forward line looks a bit flat... Subs bench... a little Conference South look about it.

Need more experienced League players.... Will Dennon Sign for Charlton.? ..Fee involved ?.

Otherwise begging bowl should come out again.
charlie

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:15 am

charlie wrote:Would question the keeper. Is he an improvement on Northy ? ..We have been spoilt with the Ox

The forward line looks a bit flat... Subs bench... a little Conference South look about it.

Need more experienced League players.... Will Dennon Sign for Charlton.? ..Fee involved ?.

Otherwise begging bowl should come out again.

Can't see Beasant being suitable for the NL, so expect we'll have a loanee from the Championship/League One between the sticks when the season starts.
Re Dennon, Lee Bowyer has said in the past couple of days that they can only offer £1,300 per week including bonuses and agents fees due to the EFL embargo. Not sure what that would net out as for Dennon but would he sign a contract on those wages in League One and potentially lock himself in? Can Charlton even pay a transfer fee? Because one would be required..
BornundertheElmslie

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:37 pm

Royal Blue wrote:An embarrassment of riches at such an early stage of preparation for the season.

Not for me.

I think we can expect another 4/5 players to come in and they will be absolutely crucial to our chances this season.

What we have right now probably won't survive.
The Guvnor

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:19 pm

DB won’t retain anyone who isn’t good enough to survive if not prosper in the NL. We’re 6 weeks out, loads to be done in the market yet. He’ll craft a silk purse with very little I’m sure.
Royal Blue

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:28 pm

Royal Blue wrote:DB won’t retain anyone who isn’t good enough to survive if not prosper in the NL. We’re 6 weeks out, loads to be done in the market yet. He’ll craft a silk purse with very little I’m sure.

Agree. There will be plenty of comings and goings in the next 6 weeks. There were 2/3 players who I was a bit surprised to have been retained and I'll be even more surprised if they get in our starting eleven.
The Guvnor

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Getting super fit in the next 6 weeks will be important too. I gather we now have a full squad set of those sports bras that measure all your match/training data. Parish had one on when he came off at half time.

That’s new, that’s professional.
Royal Blue

Postby BillyByrneFan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:42 pm

Royal Blue wrote:Agreed, midfield needs some work. Thought that at Bedford too. Clifford replacement playmaker yes.

On the limited information that was around on Saturday, it sounded like the trialist that had to go to hospital after only 8 minutes had been very good in training. Wycombe had let him go at the end of their season and he may have filled that roll. I also heard that the club has been inundated like never before, with players and agents wanting trials, the Covid-19 effect, or our promotion?
BillyByrneFan

Next

Return to stonesnet forum