Wealdstone vs Luton Town Pre Season Friendly

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Wealdstone vs Luton Town Pre Season Friendly

Postby kit man » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Royal Blue wrote:Getting super fit in the next 6 weeks will be important too. I gather we now have a full squad set of those sports bras that measure all your match/training data. Parish had one on when he came off at half time.

That’s new, that’s professional.

They were used all last season RB.
kit man

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:50 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:Agreed, midfield needs some work. Thought that at Bedford too. Clifford replacement playmaker yes.

On the limited information that was around on Saturday, it sounded like the trialist that had to go to hospital after only 8 minutes had been very good in training. Wycombe had let him go at the end of their season and he may have filled that roll. I also heard that the club has been inundated like never before, with players and agents wanting trials, the Covid-19 effect, or our promotion?

Is there any update on how serious the injury is?
BornundertheElmslie

Postby BillyByrneFan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:25 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:
BillyByrneFan wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:Agreed, midfield needs some work. Thought that at Bedford too. Clifford replacement playmaker yes.

On the limited information that was around on Saturday, it sounded like the trialist that had to go to hospital after only 8 minutes had been very good in training. Wycombe had let him go at the end of their season and he may have filled that roll. I also heard that the club has been inundated like never before, with players and agents wanting trials, the Covid-19 effect, or our promotion?

Is there any update on how serious the injury is?

I have an idea who it is and have tried to find something on his SM, without success.
BillyByrneFan

Postby Not Happy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:29 pm

charlie wrote:Would question the keeper. Is he an improvement on Northy ? ..We have been spoilt with thegain.

North is a Ryman League level player. Not exactly hard to replace that is it?
Not Happy

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:01 pm

Not Happy wrote:
charlie wrote:Would question the keeper. Is he an improvement on Northy ? ..We have been spoilt with thegain.

How many National South games did he play then Hot Nappy, clueless. He is a better keeper than Sam Beasant.
Last edited by Stoney Ground on Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoney Ground

Postby worruz » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Not Happy wrote:

OK, I'll bite.

I didn't join in the wailing on here when North was left out last year but for me he more than held his own in the CS for approx 4-5 years.
DB felt it was time for him to move on and thats good with me.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Not Happy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:
Not Happy wrote:

How many National South games did he play then Hot Nappy, clueless. He is a better keeper than Sam Beasant.

Sam Beasant has played more than 50 games at National League level. Remind me how many North has played at that level again? Apparently being the 'best keeper at CS level' equates to dropping down to Ryman League football at an age most keepers consider their prime years.
Not Happy

Postby deadly » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:49 am

Well, today is the day, our first home pre season friendly.
But I did not Imagine I would be watching it at home.

I have managed to buy the live streaming of the game via my smart tv / Wealdstone website / PayPal & tv remote without any problems.
Even an old duffer like myself can navigate modern technology when properly motivated.

I will be preparing onion & cheese rolls then wrapping them in clingfilm & getting in an ale or two to help with the on-line Vale experience.

I have seen nothing yet regarding an on-line match programme but perhaps when the season starts we should be flogging digital copies of our award-winning match day magazine?

& if crowd numbers are as seems likely to be restricted then can we sell / stream the league games, if not live, then with a time delay?
Even with a season ticket, I would buy to watch games again...well, those that we don't loose.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nobody told me there'd be days like these
Strange days indeed -- strange days indeed
:o :o :o
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:30 am

Not Happy wrote:
Stoney Ground wrote:
Not Happy wrote:

Sam Beasant has played more than 50 games at National League level. Remind me how many North has played at that level again? Apparently being the 'best keeper at CS level' equates to dropping down to Ryman League football at an age most keepers consider their prime years.

To answer the question none, but half of Sams NL games were played in a side that got relegated to NS. He has rarely seen a season out at the same club, and has never played more than 35 league games in a season.

Both players are probably decent NS standard now and we should be looking for better.
Stoney Ground

Postby charlie » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:27 am

Deadly has purchased (like a lot of us) the live streaming off tonights 7pm KO match.

Technology ..will it work ? and will the purchase numbers be better than a gate of pre season level of 350-400 ?.... Let s hope so.

All thats needed is to identify.. Trialists A,B,C, and D. Are they up to the standard ? ..

Better buy those shares PDQ.
charlie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum