1st October return

For all things Wealdstone FC

1st October return

Postby Rayners Blue is Back » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:43 pm

The 1st October is still the current proposed, return to spectators day! The last test case is Scheduled for Non-league Finals Day at Wembley on Sept 27th. Have we any feedback on the Brighton/Chelsea test case on Aug 29th, where 2500 spectators were permitted?

I have heard rumours of 1000 limits, or 30% capacity limits, but no definitions. Any updates?

The latest Government advice updated yesterday, doesnt really say much :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-competition-safe-return-of-spectators

If we are limited to 1000. how many STs did we sell, will it be that allocation and pre-booked tickets for the remaining? I presume Away Travel will not be permitted, though if clubs are going to offer pre-booked tickets, what's to stop you, buying them?

Some fantastic opening games, certainly one's i dont want to be watching on a stream! I want to be there! County on 28/11 and Barnet 5/12, are they too soon, for mass travel in numbers!
Rayners Blue is Back

Re: 1st October return

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Rayners Blue is Back wrote: have heard rumours of 1000 limits, or 30% capacity limits, but no definitions. Any updates?

Yes, the R rate is now between 1 and 1.2 with infections doubling every 7/8 days.

30% is looking a tad optimistic.
The Guvnor

Postby charlie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:13 pm

Sooner or later there will be large scale civil unrest,.. You can still demonstrate as long as you are covid secure.! What does that mean.

Hancock has had his half hour ,along with Mr Bumble. Totally clueless no other country has some of these stupid restrictions in place.

Football ... Forget watching live...... Better off watching Hancocks half hour comedy show with Mr. Bumble as special guest.....

Meanwhile more die from flu and pneumonia !
charlie

Postby 61663 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:26 pm

charlie wrote:Sooner or later there will be large scale civil unrest,.. You can still demonstrate as long as you are covid secure.! What does that mean.

Hancock has had his half hour ,along with Mr Bumble. Totally clueless no other country has some of these stupid restrictions in place.

Football ... Forget watching live...... Better off watching Hancocks half hour comedy show with Mr. Bumble as special guest.....

Meanwhile more die from flu and pneumonia !

More bon mots of wit and wisdom from the Forum’s own ultracrepidarian
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby charlie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:43 pm

I know everything !!

charlie

Postby attic » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:00 pm

The Guvnor wrote:
Rayners Blue is Back wrote: have heard rumours of 1000 limits, or 30% capacity limits, but no definitions. Any updates?

Yes, the R rate is now between 1 and 1.2 with infections doubling every 7/8 days.

30% is looking a tad optimistic.

Indeed it is but that's surely a consequence of testing at a more appropriate level? Plus the fact it seems rife amongst under 35s who in the main barely get a cough ( and are hopefully not mixing with the vulnerable) God knows what the number was back in Feb, March etc. Where is the science to say it's going to spread in a managed environment such as a football ground mind? If it's not easily spread in schools (according to scientists) then you would have thought football grounds would be less risky?

Charlie, I'm as pissed off as anyone at the reduction of our freedoms. It can't go on indefinitely unless there is some hidden agenda. However we've had it relatively easy in the UK restriction wise. Especially compared with the likes of China, Spain and Italy who more or less welded people's front doors shut.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Rayners Blue is Back » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:02 pm

Just heard the Non League Finals test day on Sept 27th, has been cancelled, step 3 and below, seem to be limited to 300? Maybe that will be the figure if any allowed in from Oct 1st. No formal announcement yet...
Rayners Blue is Back

Postby worruz » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:28 am

attic wrote:Indeed it is but that's surely a consequence of testing at a more appropriate level?

I understand that more tests are being done now but surely if the R rate was the same as it was a few weeks ago the actual number of tests wouldn't make a difference to the percentage of people testing positive, as the percentage of positive results wouldremain the same as previously (if that makes sense).

What I'm saying is if we had the same R rate as two months ago the number of positive tests being done doesn't change the percentage of positive results.

The percentage of positive results has risen. The numbers being tested makes no difference to that surely?
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Royal Blue » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:28 am

Good week for the Stones I thought -

Siginings

Isted
Effete
Lewis

Then the low key signing of Jay Williams

Trialists selected
New kit
Stones Share progress

However, the inevitable rise in the R number could hardly be worse timing. Lockdowns and other measures to curb people meeting of course merely defer the problem. There are already a handful of viruses in constant circulation - you cannot eradicate them and they mutate. We defer for a 'moonshot' project or a vaccine. Unless you are Sweden. Personally, with the relatively low casualty rates, I think we have to crack on. But we won't change policy any time soon. The BEST we can still hope for is - the remaining pilots are a success and that a number of fans are let in from 1st Oct. Its just the bloody timing - the figures are going to get worse in the next 3 weeks - the trajectory is clear. Will they hold their nerve? Is it politically doable? 50/50 at the mo is my guess.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Theatre is coming back soon. If cinemas and theatre can come back I'm not sure why football at our level can't.

This isn't a dig at those things. I'm a flamboyant man, so I love going to the theatre.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54145479
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Next

Return to stonesnet forum