1st October return

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: 1st October return

Postby timfparks » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:38 am

Well that's all very entertaining Khanna. What about if we stop seeing ourselves as victims and inject some energy into what will be the club's highest-level League match in 32 years in just four days time?
I am mostly hearing people saying 'I can't be arsed to even watch on the telly if I can't get into the ground' and 'we are being denied our wonderful away trips, boo hoo hoo'. 'Why should I buy an electronic programme if I can't get to the ground?' ...
Are we fans or not? Do we want our club to survive? Can we not adapt to the change in circumstances, hopefully for just a few months? Are we that self-centred?
I urge people to get involved; come to The Vale if they can (and if there's room, with three screens there should be) and if not, BUY the improved live feed which is essential to the club's future and BUY the online programme which is looking fantastic and which is also key part of the financing. And by the way, Robin Wainwright will be the guest pundit for Saturday's live streaming, providing a link between Stones in the Conference 1979-88, and today's team.
In short, DON"T WALK AWAY. The momentum that should have been generated by last year's promotion is in danger of withering away, and that would be criminal if we allow it to happen. I'm as disappointed as anyone that we couldn't enjoy that success as we would have liked. But it could just be a small asterisk in our club's history. Let's all play our part!
timfparks

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:40 am

The absurdity continues unabated -

From Ollie Bayliss via Twitter -

“I understand these are the rules for FA Cup spectators:

Elite Club v Elite Club
- no fans

Elite Club v Non Elite Club
- no fans

Non Elite Club v Elite Club
- home fans only

Non Elite Club v Non Elite Club
- home & away fans

(National North/South & above are considered Elite)”
Royal Blue

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:45 am

timfparks wrote:Well that's all very entertaining Khanna. What about if we stop seeing ourselves as victims and inject some energy into what will be the club's highest-level League match in 32 years in just four days time?
I am mostly hearing people saying 'I can't be arsed to even watch on the telly if I can't get into the ground' and 'we are being denied our wonderful away trips, boo hoo hoo'. 'Why should I buy an electronic programme if I can't get to the ground?' ...
Are we fans or not? Do we want our club to survive? Can we not adapt to the change in circumstances, hopefully for just a few months? Are we that self-centred?
I urge people to get involved; come to The Vale if they can (and if there's room, with three screens there should be) and if not, BUY the improved live feed which is essential to the club's future and BUY the online programme which is looking fantastic and which is also key part of the financing. And by the way, Robin Wainwright will be the guest pundit for Saturday's live streaming, providing a link between Stones in the Conference 1979-88, and today's team.
In short, DON"T WALK AWAY. The momentum that should have been generated by last year's promotion is in danger of withering away, and that would be criminal if we allow it to happen. I'm as disappointed as anyone that we couldn't enjoy that success as we would have liked. But it could just be a small asterisk in our club's history. Let's all play our part!

Fans won’t walk away Tim, the ‘self flagellation’ is just some healthy self-expression, born of frustration. Equally, when there is good news, we’ll celebrate that. We all want the season to get off to a great start by beating Chesterfield at The Vale but the late late news about no fans has knocked us for 6. However, we’ll get over it.

UTS.
Royal Blue

Postby timfparks » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:58 am

I hope you're right Royal Blue. The danger is that frustration turns into apathy.
And even more dangerous is if this self-serving Government doesn't recognise that football (and all small sports clubs) are as deserving of a bailout as the arts, which received a £1.57BILLION payout in July. There is real danger of the season not starting at all, and the smell of mothballs becoming all-pervasive
timfparks

Postby worruz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:36 pm

timfparks wrote:Well that's all very entertaining Khanna. What about if we stop seeing ourselves as victims

You do realise he was joking, right?

:?
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:51 pm

As stated we still don't know for sure whether the season will even start on Saturday and thats just 4 days away now.

Indeed with no fans or financial assistance its difficult to see clubs being happy to start a league season which in all probability cannot be finished and will see numerous clubs going to the wall.

It really could be 6 months before fans are let in again and its surely only a matter of time before the door closes on level 3 and below so I just can't see a way out there.

The Government will probably decide that they've already done their bit by providing furlough funding these past 6 months so its all down to the Premier League to come to the rescue. Not holding my breath on that one.

And even if funding is forthcoming Covid 19 will almost certainly rear its ugly head and cause chaos to the fixture list.

Difficult to feel upbeat about the coming season and I still fancy null and void as favourite.
The Guvnor

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:51 pm

worruz wrote:
timfparks wrote:Well that's all very entertaining Khanna. What about if we stop seeing ourselves as victims

You do realise he was joking, right?

:?

...cheers Pete! Glad someone spotted the humour! :)
s.k.khanna

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:06 pm

deadly wrote:"two female police officers turn up"...in your dreams Khanna. We all know what you really are wishing for.. :lol: :lol:

...those that attended the post-lockdown get together on July 4th at the Social Club will get where I'm coming from on that one! 8-)
s.k.khanna

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:25 pm

timfparks wrote:Well that's all very entertaining Khanna. What about if we stop seeing ourselves as victims and inject some energy into what will be the club's highest-level League match in 32 years in just four days time?

Good to see you can't see a good parody when it smacks you in the face but never mind!

That said, no matter how you may wish to dress it up, we are all victims, mostly of this cursed pandemic, but victims nevertheless and we are all dealing with it the best we can. Mine is to toss the odd variable into the mix. Some will appreciate it and some won't.

However, I will mention that most of what you say, especially if it's on this Forum is to people that already give a lot to this club whether it be in buying programmes & merchandise, giving sponsorship money (some very generously) or doing their bit working on the ground etc etc and will continue to do so for as long as Wealdstone survive so I don't think they don't need you patronising them into doing so!

Wealdstone fans moaning...well that's a new one on me! :|
s.k.khanna

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:31 pm

Royal Blue wrote:The absurdity continues unabated -

From Ollie Bayliss via Twitter -

“I understand these are the rules for FA Cup spectators:

Elite Club v Elite Club
- no fans

Elite Club v Non Elite Club
- no fans

Non Elite Club v Elite Club
- home fans only

Non Elite Club v Non Elite Club
- home & away fans

(National North/South & above are considered Elite)”

...agreed...complete and utter bonkers! Concocted between the Government and the FA it beggars belief that our future has to rely on those idiots! :evil:
s.k.khanna

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum