1st October return

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: 1st October return

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:17 pm

I don't think anybody envies the Government in times such as this, but its the contradictions that are driving people round the bend. I think most people have been devising their own boundaries as to whats safe and what isn't during a Pandemic rather than be told by some out of touch politician. Personally I would be happy to stand in the open air at a controlled environment like a football match but absolutely would not be travelling to that match on public transport. And of course in London the transport system which is basically a mobile breeding ground for infectious diseases continues unhindered. Nothing adds up right now.
The Guvnor

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:18 pm

timfparks wrote:Well that's all very entertaining Khanna. What about if we stop seeing ourselves as victims and inject some energy into what will be the club's highest-level League match in 32 years in just four days time?
I am mostly hearing people saying 'I can't be arsed to even watch on the telly if I can't get into the ground' and 'we are being denied our wonderful away trips, boo hoo hoo'. 'Why should I buy an electronic programme if I can't get to the ground?' ...
Are we fans or not? Do we want our club to survive? Can we not adapt to the change in circumstances, hopefully for just a few months? Are we that self-centred?
I urge people to get involved; come to The Vale if they can (and if there's room, with three screens there should be) and if not, BUY the improved live feed which is essential to the club's future and BUY the online programme which is looking fantastic and which is also key part of the financing. And by the way, Robin Wainwright will be the guest pundit for Saturday's live streaming, providing a link between Stones in the Conference 1979-88, and today's team.
In short, DON"T WALK AWAY. The momentum that should have been generated by last year's promotion is in danger of withering away, and that would be criminal if we allow it to happen. I'm as disappointed as anyone that we couldn't enjoy that success as we would have liked. But it could just be a small asterisk in our club's history. Let's all play our part!

Most condescending post of the year award.
Stoney Ground

Postby charlie » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Never is this condescending.

Tim is showing his commitment/passion/love if you like.. and determination to do his bit to ensure Wealdstone Football Club... Survives and Prospers.

We as Hardcore Fans must all sing from the same hymn sheet!!!
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:42 pm

The Guvnor wrote: Nothing adds up right now.

It doesn't and it's not the strength of the official opposition bringing this pressure to bear, it's of their own making. They are not following the science and it is chaotic.

For the first time today (Boris himself was unable to explain the rules) I thought - this is starting to unravel. 6 months of this? Can't see it. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54342688. Also chuck in Brexit proper on 01/01/21.

What we do desperately need is word from the NL on what (if any) rescue package is in place. Must surely be tomorrow or Thurs at the latest. So, it will of course be Friday.

70/30 the season goes ahead.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:41 pm

This isn't a dig at you RB but I dont call him B****.

I call him Johnson. B**** is the name he uses to make himself appear cuddly and approachable, when the reality is he's a useless, nasty piece of sh 1t who cultivated an image over many years that eventually landed him the top job.

It's not surprising him and his cronies have shown themselves to be completely out of touch and not up to the job.

And before anyone asks, no I don't think the other lot would do any better, not that it's relevant.

When Bliar took us into an illegal war on trumped up lies I didn't blame the Tories (despite all but one Tory MP in Parliament voting for it) because they weren't in power. I blamed Bliar and his Labour crooks as they were incumbent.

Politics over. I don't usually do it on here but when it impinges on the club I love it needs saying.

When club after club goes to the wall people may start seeing through this charade. The FA Cup nonsense is a good example.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby whoareya » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:53 pm

charlie wrote:Never is this condescending.

Tim is showing his commitment/passion/love if you like.. and determination to do his bit to ensure Wealdstone Football Club... Survives and Prospers.

We are all showing our commitment/ passion and love for WFC, be it anger, despair, humour (It did not go unnoticed by everyone) or just expressing a view.
That is why we are all here. I don’t see anyone walking away. I see frustration.

However, we don’t have to sing from the same hymn sheet, we are entitled to our opinions, if we all were sheep this club would have folded years ago when the likes of Morritt led us to the abyss. Or maybe we should all suck it up, say nothing. We are all still hardcore fans.
whoareya

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:07 pm

The Daily Telegraph reporting an exclusive that a bailout has been pledged to National League clubs. Perhaps no coincidence then that the National League are also reported to be meeting tomorrow - https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 6760045570

Tele article is behind a paywall but for completeness, here's the link. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... gue-clubs/

Good news. No detail but good news.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:33 pm

worruz wrote:This isn't a dig at you RB but I dont call him B****.

I call him Johnson. B**** is the name he uses to make himself appear cuddly and approachable, when the reality is he's a useless, nasty piece of sh 1t who cultivated an image over many years that eventually landed him the top job.

It's not surprising him and his cronies have shown themselves to be completely out of touch and not up to the job.

You don't get to be leader of any major political party or big business if you don't have a nasty streak. All of them, no matter what breed of politics or business have had to make some huge decisions down the years. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't. There's always some with an agenda who will look to shoot you down no matter how much you get right or wrong. Sturgeon has apparently shown firm and decisive leadership. However.....and I'm sure you know exactly where I get my info from :) , she's managed to absolutely alienate an entire demographic who have vowed just to ignore her 'firm and secure' leadership. If the McPlod want to start fining little old ladies simply desperate to have their tea and biscuits with their mates, then good luck to them.

However, yes, out of touch is a pretty accurate way of describing any career politician. Its all about appearing to be the last damaging option to the public, the majority of whom will hold their nose when they vote anyway.

I like Boris's dog anyway.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:55 pm

He hasn't got a nasty streak.

He's a nasty, horrible sh1t.

He's not particularly effective either. Many people who have worked with him over the years warned us all of this also.
He doesn't do detail. Many have said it.

The sooner people see it and stop idolising those traits we may get somewhere.

Until then we have the current shambles we're living through.

worruz

Postby worruz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:57 pm

whoareya wrote:
charlie wrote:Never is this condescending.

We are all showing our commitment/ passion and love for WFC, be it anger, despair, humour (It did not go unnoticed by everyone) or just expressing a view.
That is why we are all here. I don’t see anyone walking away. I see frustration.

However, we don’t have to sing from the same hymn sheet, we are entitled to our opinions, if we all were sheep this club would have folded years ago when the likes of Morritt led us to the abyss. Or maybe we should all suck it up, say nothing. We are all still hardcore fans.

Ah Ambassador., you spoil us with your one post.

And an excellent one it was too.

worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum