1st October return

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: 1st October return

Postby worruz » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:01 pm

worruz

Postby Windermere Bore » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:42 am

:geek:
Last edited by Windermere Bore on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windermere Bore

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:50 am

Windermere Bore wrote:In my view, clubs at this level - and maybe the two above - should've got together and refused to play unless fans were allowed in. Getting even short-term guarantees from Her Majesty's Government about admitting fans would've been almost impossible, so I think the season should be mothballed.
Football clubs being funded as if they were a synchronised swimmer, an amputee pole-vaulter, a blind tiddlywinks player or a potential medalist in the intellectually disabled world chess championship does not sit well.
But as questions such as, "Where is the money coming from?" and "How long will it last?", never mind the trickier, "How, when & by whom will it be repaid?" haven't bothered either the administrators or recipients of supposed "free money" in any other field, it would be unfair to expect either Planet Football or its bandwagon-jumpers in the political arena to offer an explanation.

I agree.

I'm not sure why football at this level should be bankrolled by the tax payer.

Then again, I don't know what a football club put onto a screen in their own clubhouse has to do with anyone else either so maybe I'm out of touch with reality.
worruz

Postby Windermere Bore » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:12 pm

:roll: .
Last edited by Windermere Bore on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windermere Bore

Postby Windermere Bore » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:02 pm

:geek: .
Windermere Bore

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:54 am

Royal Blue wrote:
worruz wrote:
Windermere Bore wrote:In an occasional official position, I obviously did not act as my normal caricature of a punk generation bicycle courier, however...
Were I in any sort of position of influence in any club affiliated to a sporting body right now, I would be raising the suggestion of sounding-out colleagues on the question of mass disobedience.
I don't think I'd be doing that if I were an official in the catering, restaurant, fitness, cinema or theatre business, as perceived levels of risk are higher and gaining significant public support, much less political support, would be difficult.
Unfortunately, Planet Football is not blessed with much in the way of leadership material, much less anyone with a capacity for statesmanship.
Just sayin'.

I was thinking the other day what would happen if people decided to just flout it and turn up en masse.

Obviously probably wouldn't happen in Britain as we're a bunch of pussies here but maybe other countries it may be thought of if this carries on for much longer.

Les 'gilet jaunes football'. Impossible in this country, fight like that is no longer in our collective DNA. We'd probably roll over for a new Poll Tax. Right now I hear the students are all but accepting of the false imprisonment on campus by university security guards. That gives you some perspective - the students!

The Germans can get the football on with fans but not us.

Rant complete.

Finally the students take action. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-54833331
Royal Blue

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Royal Blue wrote:Finally the students take action.

I dont blame them, how will they have the freedom to spread the virus all round Manchester if they're penned in.

Its my Uman right init.
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:42 pm

More importantly I believe a limited amount of spectators are being allowed back into stadiums in Scotland on a trial run???
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:24 pm

The Guvnor wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:Finally the students take action.

I dont blame them, how will they have the freedom to spread the virus all round Manchester if they're penned in.

Its my Uman right init.

I visited a friend of mine at Manchester University in November 1992. We were on the top deck of a bus going through Fallowfield, when someone on the pavement put a bullet through the window on the bottom deck.

Luckily no one was hurt.

True story.
worruz

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum