1st October return

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: 1st October return

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 am

StoneBroke wrote:Responding to Guvnors post a page or so back, I have to agree with him for a change,

If only you had my insight we'd be singing from the same hymn sheet a lot more.
The Guvnor

Postby StoneBroke » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:40 pm

For my own mental well being I would rather retain some sense of positivity than be blessed with your degree of “insight” . No matter how naive I may be , or be seen to be. :D
StoneBroke

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:33 pm

The latest board update is a grim and sad read but I suppose, necessarily frank - https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/boar ... -sept-2020

So we just have to try and survive, off and on the pitch.

The worst part is that we can’t be there for the fight, our Tyson fight.

“ALL screens. All windows and viewing points to the pitch from within the club will be blocked off”

Jesus C..
Royal Blue

Postby Windermere Bore » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:51 pm

:D
Last edited by Windermere Bore on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windermere Bore

Postby charlie » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:18 pm

So there it is.

We the Hardcore Fans need to continually support the StonesShare project.....To be able to survive and prosper this season.

Season ticket holders get a free pass for the £9.99 streaming of live home matches. I hope there is a button which allows you to pay despite having paid for a season ticket.

£10 spent behind the bar on home games goes back into StonesShare.

You get the picture if you want Wealdstone Football Club to survive and prosper
charlie

Postby worruz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:34 pm

Windermere Bore wrote:In an occasional official position, I obviously did not act as my normal caricature of a punk generation bicycle courier, however...
Were I in any sort of position of influence in any club affiliated to a sporting body right now, I would be raising the suggestion of sounding-out colleagues on the question of mass disobedience.
I don't think I'd be doing that if I were an official in the catering, restaurant, fitness, cinema or theatre business, as perceived levels of risk are higher and gaining significant public support, much less political support, would be difficult.
Unfortunately, Planet Football is not blessed with much in the way of leadership material, much less anyone with a capacity for statesmanship.
Just sayin'.

I was thinking the other day what would happen if people decided to just flout it and turn up en masse.

Obviously probably wouldn't happen in Britain as we're a bunch of pussies here but maybe other countries it may be thought of if this carries on for much longer.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:42 pm

worruz wrote:
Windermere Bore wrote:In an occasional official position, I obviously did not act as my normal caricature of a punk generation bicycle courier, however...
Were I in any sort of position of influence in any club affiliated to a sporting body right now, I would be raising the suggestion of sounding-out colleagues on the question of mass disobedience.
I don't think I'd be doing that if I were an official in the catering, restaurant, fitness, cinema or theatre business, as perceived levels of risk are higher and gaining significant public support, much less political support, would be difficult.
Unfortunately, Planet Football is not blessed with much in the way of leadership material, much less anyone with a capacity for statesmanship.
Just sayin'.

I was thinking the other day what would happen if people decided to just flout it and turn up en masse.

Obviously probably wouldn't happen in Britain as we're a bunch of pussies here but maybe other countries it may be thought of if this carries on for much longer.

Les 'gilet jaunes football'. Impossible in this country, fight like that is no longer in our collective DNA. We'd probably roll over for a new Poll Tax. Right now I hear the students are all but accepting of the false imprisonment on campus by university security guards. That gives you some perspective - the students!

The Germans can get the football on with fans but not us.

Rant complete.
Royal Blue

Postby charlie » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:05 pm

Civil unrest is inevitable , as long as Bumble goes on giving out rules using the Police as the dogs body.

Football Clubs with over 100 years history are on the brink of folding.

Watching the anti-covid demo in Trafalgar Square (at the weekend )with Police forcing demonstrators back and out of the Square

Sooner or later that mob will charge the police and all hell will happen.
charlie

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:36 am

worruz wrote:
Just sayin'.

Two possible/probable scenarios for you…

(1) About 800 Barnet FC fans turned up at Prince Edward Playing Fields in direct contravention of the Government restrictions on watching football at “Elite” level and storm the gates to watch their home season opener against Eastleigh. Several police officers in attendance were invited in to watch the match and after being given free tea and doughnuts consequently turn a blind eye to any law violations. Barnet win 5-0 after having made several very expensive signings the night before the match (even though they don’t have any money!). London Borough of Harrow reward Barnet FC for initiative with £75,000 of Harrow taxpayers money.

(1) About 800 Wealdstone FC fans turned up at Grosvenor Vale in direct contravention of the Government restrictions on watching football at “Elite” level and storm the gates to watch their home season opener against Chesterfield. Local busybody resident (who doesn’t like Wealdstone) reports the matter to Police who send two female officers to the site. Female officers don’t know what to do so call in the Army in line with updated Government protocols to use Armed Forces to enforce Covid19 laws. All Wealdstone fans in attendance (including children under 5) are fined £1000 and forced to spend the night in an isolated prison cell and further banned from watching football at any level anywhere for three years. Local Authority, duly notified, close Grosvenor Vale for the rest of the Season meaning Wealdstone have to play all games away from home. Wealdstone, having "got no fans" have no income, run out of money and fold at the end of the Season.

...it could happen! :(
s.k.khanna

Postby deadly » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 am

"two female police officers turn up"...in your dreams Khanna. We all know what you really are wishing for.. :lol: :lol:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum