Predict-a-score

For all things Wealdstone FC

Predict-a-score

Postby shortstuff » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:04 am

I've decided to re-introduce the above competition to help raise some much needed funds for the club. This is going to cover only the 46 league games we play and will not include cup competitions as in the past. Prizes will only be given at the end of the competition. The prizes will be:
1st prize: £300, 2nd prize: £200 and 3rd Prize:£100. Cost will be £20 per entry.
As in the past, you get 3 points for a totally correct forecast and 1 point if you get the result right. In other words if you forecast a 2-1 win to Wealdstone and the actual result is 1-0 to Wealdstone you will get 1 point. Last time I ran this competition I had 86 people who took part. Hopefully we can meet that level as we have more people currently supporting the club than when I last ran this competition. I would hope we could make in excess of £1000 for the club should this happen. Forms can be found in the Social Club and should be available on the website soon. Failing that if you email me at gtshort39@gmail.com with Predict-a-score in the title, then I will forward you by return an entry form. I hope to attend a couple of the friendlies beforehand where you can give me the completed form. Cheques should be made payable to Wealdstone Football Club(2000) ltd. I have been informed that cash/card payments will also be accepted through the Megastore and forms can be returned there as well and I will pick up from them. Failing that you can send your entries by post to me Tony Short at: 39 Grange Road, Wilstone, Hertfordshire, HP23 4PG I hope that you will support this initiative to help raise much needed funds for the Club.
Hopefully updates will be available in the Home programs as well as on the Website on at least a weekly basis. UTS.
shortstuff

Re: Predict-a-score

Postby Stones Throw » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Stones Throw

Postby shortstuff » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Thanks, appreciate the confirmation
shortstuff

Postby shortstuff » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:41 pm

I realise that entries are likely to be slow due to the uncertainty surrounding the start of the season and this has been the case, for now I would just like to remind those that plan to enter, your entries need to be either with me(details on entry form) or the Megastore by 3pm on 3rd October. Should there be anything that impacts this competition going forward I will be in touch via the Forum and main website. Thanks for your support.
shortstuff

Postby shortstuff » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:16 am

As a result of today's postponement and in the hope that we can get a few people to enter and allow the competition to go ahead we have now revised the last entry time to 7.45pm on Tuesday, the start time of the Yeovil game. For those that need and entry form they are available through the main website and through me at: gtshort39@gmail.com . Thanks to those who have already entered.
shortstuff

Postby shortstuff » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:41 am

Position after Chesterfield game. Remember Hayes and Yeading NOT part of the competition.

Player Overall points
Tony Booth 7
Balblair Boy 6
Robert Matthews 4
Rob Saville 4
Chris Andrews 3
Bob Bangs 3
Don Cross 3
Lee Cross 3
Peter Drew 3
P.Edwards/N.Young 3
Paul Franklin 3