Wealdstone v Chesterfield

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Wealdstone v Chesterfield

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:22 am

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/canc ... esterfield

"Following discussions yesterday with the National League we have been asked, and agreed, to cancel the live streaming of our home match versus Chesterfield in the club house on Saturday 3 October"

Surprised the club have agreed to this and think it is in their best interests - this could have been a significant source of revenue over the season. We can assume that this is not just for this one home game but all home games. What is the projected cost of that?

Why was this decision made? Where is the rationale? Let's hear it.

Don't tell me Coronavirus can tell which is a home match and which is an away match now.

Worried about the prospect of any adverse media? It's only a week since the Chancellor said we should start to "live without fear". We have to live with the virus.
Last edited by Royal Blue on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Blue

Postby suttonstone » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:49 am

Re: the cancellation of home match screening in the bar - Hopefully the reasons will come out but it may be to deter hoards of people turning up at matches. Either that or perhaps something to do with the bail-out money and not appearing to have "gate" receipts as well as government funding.

Presumably this will apply to all home matches at all clubs.....
suttonstone

Postby Enfield Stones » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:50 am

Royal Blue wrote:https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/cancellation-of-live-screening-in-club-house-wfc-v-chesterfield

"Following discussions yesterday with the National League we have been asked, and agreed, to cancel the live streaming of our home match versus Chesterfield in the club house on Saturday 3 October"

Surprised the club have agreed to this and think it is in their best interests - this could have been a significant source of revenue over the season. We can assume that this is not just for this one home game but all home games. What is the projected cost of that?

Don't tell me Coronavirus can tell which is a home match and which is an away match now.

It's only a week since the Chancellor said we should start to "live without fear". We have to live with it.

I think all fans need to read between the lines on this occasion !!
Enfield Stones

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:55 am

Enfield Stones wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/cancellation-of-live-screening-in-club-house-wfc-v-chesterfield

It's only a week since the Chancellor said we should start to "live without fear". We have to live with it.

I think all fans need to read between the lines on this occasion !!

Too many variables for guess work but go on then, what's your assessment? Given the importance of the revenue, surely we have to trust the club to run a safe event in the first instance?

The intervention of the National League on this creates a precedent which has ramifications for all clubs, elite and non elite, corporate hospitality and otherwise.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:15 am

It's had too much adverse media reaction.

Bizarre decision.

So if I persuaded my local pub to stream it on the screen at my local would the NL have juristiction to ask for that to shut down as well.

I presume not.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the people who are saying this is all about controlling the masses are beginning to get my sympathy.

This is ridiculous.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:20 am

worruz wrote:It's had too much adverse media reaction.

Bizarre decision.

So if I persuaded my local pub to stream it on the screen at my local would the NL have juristiction to ask for that to shut down as well.

I presume not.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the people who are saying this is all about controlling the masses are beginning to get my sympathy.

This is ridiculous.

Media, social media - part and parcel of 21st century life worruz. We have to manage that, manage our brand. I'm so f*cking pissoed off right now. What have we become?
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 am

Royal Blue wrote:
worruz wrote:It's had too much adverse media reaction.

Bizarre decision.

I presume not.

This is ridiculous.

Media, social media - part and parcel of 21st century life worruz. We have to manage that, manage our brand. I'm so f*cking pissoed off right now. What have we become?

All part of the 'masterplan' :D Yep....I'm with worruz here. It's easy to dismiss those who distrust the World's elite as David Icke types. But you always need to be open minded about hidden agendas and the like.

I remember saying this virus will be a real stress test of Western society. I don't think were far away from a proper meltdown.

Saying that we could be the only club standing at our level by next May. Promotion by default?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:52 am

I'm prepared to ignore the conspiracy theories and hazard a guess it may be due to the financial statement we've provided the league outlining our match day losses.

The bars of course are a big part of our match day income so you can hardly claim we lose 3-4k for example when that bar is open all day and a significant number of people are in there spending money.

Its called having your cake and eating it.

I could be wrong of course but its more likely this type of event is more suited to when we play away.

The other thing that did cross my mind is how the club manage to socially distance when you have opposition players, their officials/management team plus match officials and media. I'm assuming they will still require hospitality which would be in the club house. Throw in 50/60 fans milling around and it could get a bit Lionel.

Just thinking aloud.

Now where is the big signing we were promised yesterday..........
The Guvnor

Postby breakspear stones » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:19 am

I’m sure I heard no food is being laid on for opposition this season after games
breakspear stones

Postby GingerGuy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:49 am

I'm assuming they will still require hospitality which would be in the club house

Well, in La Liga they are turning up half-kitted out and changing on the pitch because they're not even allowed in the dressing rooms:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/oct/01/were-robbing-everyone-la-liga-left-to-lament-lost-dressing-rooms
So I guess the hot meal after the match will go the same way!
GingerGuy

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum