Roger's History Book

For all things Wealdstone FC

Roger's History Book

Postby abuzza » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Back in 2002 I published Roger Slater's 'part-oral' history of Wealdstone FC. I recently unearthed a box of maybe a dozen copies brand new and mint condition. I don't think it's been generally available for some time and Roger tells me they've sold for £50 second hand on eBay. It still reads really well and I frequently refer to the stats. Nearly 400 pages in all.

So if anyone wants a copy at the original cover price of £24.95 (+£3 p&p) I will donate 100% of proceeds to StonesShare or similar. Just email me at info@peopleforprint.co.uk and I'll tell you how to go about it.

Similarly, I have copies of The Dawn Of Dissent, a boxed set of three football fanzine compilations I was involved with (obviously 'best of' The Elmslie Ender included!), still shrink wrapped and numbered as a limited edition - some of the shrink-wrapping is a little tatty. £15.95 + £4 p&p (it weighs quite a bit), once again, all proceeds to the club.
abuzza

Re: Roger's History Book

Postby Syd_Stone » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:40 pm

Just to say to anyone considering it, this book is well worth the time of anyone remotely interested in the club's history. The distinction between this and a typical work of reference is the many interviews with players and fans from way, way back, going as far back as the forties and further. Bit of a time-machine in that regard.
Syd_Stone

Return to stonesnet forum