Game off!!!

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Game off!!!

Postby Royal Blue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Thanks Guv for the response. Well, it’s going to be a real problem if we can’t get games on - on a regular basis. The fixture list is unforgiving, plus throw in the all important cup games. We also need the TV revenue where applicable. We’ll perhaps get a pass or two but we don’t want to become a problem club for the league.

Very concerned about this because of all the collateral impacts too.

Really feel for Rory on this. So much good work done and now another major problem for the Board to deal with, with no money in the bank.

A really shit day, I’ve got to say.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:50 pm

I too was waiting for a host of other games to be confirmed off. Hasn't happened though. We are a unique club but not a title that is anything to be proud of in today's context. Highly embarrassing that the scummers get theirs on of course. No one doubts the situation has improved with our drainage over the years. A lot of work was put in this summer to improve things but it seems it wasn't enough to save the day.

Quite right, we are going to get slaughtered by the wider audience for this. Still....the bar and the hop and vine are open which is what it's really about.....
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Windermere Bore » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:24 pm

:roll:
Last edited by Windermere Bore on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windermere Bore

Postby West End Stone » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Year after year the same old bloody problems. Everyone else plays, we don't!!!! Club deserve to be ticked off by the League.

Or where we just protecting the pitch again???!!!!!!! Groundsman had the last say???!!!!

All well and good blaming the League, FA, this useless government etc for the covid nonsense but we can't even get our own house in order!!!!
West End Stone

Postby Royal Blue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:28 pm

West End Stone wrote:Year after year the same old bloody problems. Everyone else plays, we don't!!!! Club deserve to be ticked off by the League.

Or where we just protecting the pitch again???!!!!!!! Groundsman had the last say???!!!!

All well and good blaming the League, FA, this useless government etc for the covid nonsense but we can't even get our own house in order!!!!

WES, probably even the most staunch would admit this is hugely embarrassing. Our first day back in the big time and this..

Hayes & Yeading game on. Harrow Borough, Even Rayners f*cking Lane.

We have a pitch problem.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:50 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
West End Stone wrote:Year after year the same old bloody problems. Everyone else plays, we don't!!!! Club deserve to be ticked off by the League.

WES, probably even the most staunch would admit this is hugely embarrassing. Our first day back in the big time and this..

We have a pitch problem.

I think that's what hurts the most (Rayners Lane have a 3g pitch) the fact local level 3 or 4 clubs managed to get their games on. WES gets judged on his posts more than others but I can only endorse his thoughts. Can image DB and Rory are absolutely livid and concerned and the prospect of what happens next time it rains heavily. Much to ponder for an already busy leadership team.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:57 pm

attic wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:

We have a pitch problem.

I think that's what hurts the most (Rayners Lane have a 3g pitch) the fact local level 3 or 4 clubs managed to get their games on. WES gets judged on his posts more than others but I can only endorse his thoughts. Can image DB and Rory are absolutely livid and concerned and the prospect of what happens next time it rains. Much to ponder for an already busy leadership team.

Noted on the RL 3G. Attic, I can't see any alternative but to get it sorted some how. It's an already truncated season. What happened if it rains on 21st Nov, when we are on telly? Good job next two fixtures are away.

But I suppose if it was that easy to sort, it would have been done by now.

No doubt that pitch problems are a strategic threat at this level of football,
Royal Blue

Postby Bananas » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Windermere Bore wrote:Before this thread takes the usual path, can someone please PM Bananas to lower his blood-pressure and convince him he doesn't need to post another drainage explanation? He has looked at all plans/docs that seem to be available for the site's drainage history. He does seem to have some idea what he's talking about. His explanations & cost projections appear plausible. It shouldn't be hard to find them on here... for anyone who can be arsed looking :roll:
Ta!

Ha, thanks AA, but I've given up on this one. There's only so much banging ones head against a brick wall you can do without losing your marbles.
And it's the same questions and debate EVERY time this happens and we still don't address it...

I'm sure if someone searches the forum they'll find my detailed analysis of the situation and how to resolve it, but I literally can't be arsed to go through it all again to be ignored.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby The Guvnor » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Bananas wrote:I'm sure if someone searches the forum they'll find my detailed analysis of the situation and how to resolve it, but I literally can't be arsed to go through it all again to be ignored.

I don't think we need to worry too much because it doesn't really rain much in an English winter.
The Guvnor

Postby Bananas » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:39 pm

Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum