Yeovil Town 2 Stones 2

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Yeovil Town 2 Stones 2

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:42 am

BillyByrneFan wrote:Whatever happened to the highlights show that used to be on Free Sport, Monday evenings? Did Free Sport only have the rights foe a couple of seasons?
Stoney Ground

Postby Bananas » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:38 pm

The Guvnor wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Would love to think BT Sport have done their research and got Pearcey in as a pundit......

I think we all know the answer to that one.

As alluded to in social media I think we'd all just be happy to hear our name pronounced correctly. Not sure why people struggle with it, its not as we're some nondescript Welsh town like Cardiff for example.

I think you mean Caerdydd.
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby s.k.khanna » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:47 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:
s.k.khanna wrote:
Chap Stone wrote:I understand that the live stream purchased via the WFC site will be fine whereas games live on BTSport are geoblocked.

So I’ll need a VPN if I want to watch BTSport games, but seeing as they’re most likely to be on in the middle of the night (Dagenham game KO is 2:20AM) I’ll see how I go...

Sadly it looks like there are no video highlights packages of National League games on the NL site or YouTube; hopefully the clubs will be allowed to upload match highlights?!?

Just to let you (and all our other overseas fans) know that the Dagenham v Wealdstone match is actually available overseas via the Daggers own streaming service.

Haven't looked into the link myself but might be worth looking at the following:
https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-MJBxfHKt0hjZRCzAC2W

Hope this helps...

Don’t think they are allowed or anyone is, to stream matches on BT Sport. So our match with Sutton will be vetoed by them.

2.20 am you should just be settling down with a kebab and a party 7.

Admittedly defining TV transmission rights on this one can get very confusing...

You are quite correct in saying that Dagenham themselves couldn't stream BT Sport's transmission of the Wealdstone game abroad mainly because they don't own the rights to the footage. However, I believe that Dagenham do have their own streaming service on site & they did transmit their own version of the game to their overseas fans. It just wasn't available to UK fans. BT Sport has no control over independent transmissions abroad and this is actually stated as such in our very own video streaming blurb. (Hunts Boy quoted it earlier)

The link on the Dagenham site was a bit misleading but a "live stream" is by definition a video & audio transmission. An "audio commentary" is exactly what is says on the tin. Both were available to overseas customers. The audio commentary was only available to UK customers.

Consequently when we play Sutton on 21 November the same criteria will apply. BT Sport will transmit the game in the UK. If we so desired we could stream our own version of the game, have Tim & Dec & Uncle Tom Cobbly commentate on it, but we would only be allowed to transmit the live stream & commentary abroad. We could however transmit Tim, Dec & Uncles audio commentary (only) in the UK.

Told you it was confusing...
s.k.khanna

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum