Yeovil Town 2 Stones 2

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Yeovil Town 2 Stones 2

Postby attic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:17 pm

By the way you have to hand it to 'Brennan Ball' philosophy. Game in the balance....Yeovil generally in control and gaining in confidence. On come three out and out strikers albeit at slightly staggered intervals and we end up in the ascendancy during the last 15 minutes. Seen it so many times in the past when we've withdrawn a creative player for a defensive type....and end up conceding a lead.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Ronnie » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:32 pm

For the non-twitterati - not as accomplished as @Gs250A or @aqueoussunphoto perhaps, but some snaps from last night

https://eglitephotos.smugmug.com/2020-2 ... ealdstone/
Ronnie

Postby John Young » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:49 pm

Excellent performance from all 14 players used and on another day we would have won comfortably. A couple of wrong choices made , where a simple side pass would have resulted in tap ins. This game should bring confidence to the squad that they are very capable of competing and winning plenty of matches this season. 4700 watched via YouTube.
John Young

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:53 pm

Ronnie wrote:For the non-twitterati - not as accomplished as @Gs250A or @aqueoussunphoto perhaps, but some snaps from last night

https://eglitephotos.smugmug.com/2020-2 ... ealdstone/

Very enjoyable memories of a historic night, thank you for sharing.
Royal Blue

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:18 pm

Although I watched the game live (Youtube) on Tuesday, with the players looking like ants, it was hard to see how our equalizer came about. Pity there were no replays on the feed. Now seen it on Twitter, and doesn't (Beanie) Parish do well to stay strong against a bigger opponent to guide a cushioned header back to Philips to finish?
BillyByrneFan

Postby s.k.khanna » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:53 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:Although I watched the game live (Youtube) on Tuesday, with the players looking like ants, it was hard to see how our equalizer came about. Pity there were no replays on the feed. Now seen it on Twitter, and doesn't (Beanie) Parish do well to stay strong against a bigger opponent to guide a cushioned header back to Philips to finish?

Just to let you know that the game in full is still available on YouTube. YouTube is a many-splendoured archive (once you get past the bloody adverts) and there are also many highlight videos as well as interviews still available if you want to watch again.

I don't know what facilities you have but a lot of networks have an actual YouTube TV Channel on their system and the match can still be accessed on there. If not, you can link your PC (device ?) to your telly via an hdmi cable and watch it on the bigger screen that way.

Hope that helps...
s.k.khanna

Postby s.k.khanna » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:13 pm

...and while I'm on here something that come to me whilst reading a tweet from our New Zealand fan (Blue Pom ?)....

When Yeovil televised the match against Stones on Tuesday live on YouTube, it was the first time ever that Wealdstone FC was available to watch live to a GLOBAL audience!
Think we truly deserve to call ourselves "Elite"...

Thought you ought to know... :geek:
s.k.khanna

Postby Blue Pom » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:42 pm

Indeed Khanna, truly global like you mentioned. Another smaller thing was being able to cast the game onto my Smart tv. Watching Wealdstone on the telly - in my home - at a decent time (6.45am) - from 12,000 miles away - live!! Yes I've been chuffed all week. There's are a few Stones people out here, not sure how much they are into them now. I have never stopped following them from leaving Harrow in 1998. If I can continue to see games then I feel comfortable about contributing to this site (which I've also followed for years). Feel I know a lot of you by personality now. Over the years this site is a bit like Coronation St. No offence!
Blue Pom

Postby Windermere Bore » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:42 am

:oops:
Last edited by Windermere Bore on Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windermere Bore

Postby Chap Stone » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:14 am

I thought I was far away being in Brisbane but New Zealand is next level :D

I would have preferred 6:45 AM but 4:45 was fine for our first match back in Big League. I hope to catch many more to come, including the live streamed home games at eighteen of our Australian dollars. Was impressed by Wakefield the other night also.

Incidentally, top tip, if you watch games (or anything else) on YouTube, use the Google Chrome browser. As Google own YouTube there are way less adverts than with other browsers (at least that’s what I’ve experiencedj.
Chap Stone

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum