RSC - Track & Trace

For all things Wealdstone FC

RSC - Track & Trace

Postby s.k.khanna » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:59 pm

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but will anyway as I have been asked to as it will certainly affect other people out there …it’s a bit wordy so if you have a short attention span feel free to go off and make a cup of tea and come back when I’m finished.

On Tuesday Wealdstone played their first match at the top table in 32 years. A topic discussed on another thread (come on you Stones) so won’t expand on here. It would’ve been nice if it had been Saturday & to have watched it at the Social Club but that was not to be.

However, an event to celebrate especially with the good people of Wealdstone so I booked a ticket for the Social Club for Tuesday Night. Even promoted the event on Twitter and was really looking forward to it and seeing some people not seen for a while.

Now at this point I’m going to mention (for those who don’t know) that I’m a Type 1 diabetic and fall under the Covid19 “Moderately At Risk” category. The periodic issue of my driving License and other related insurance issues depend on me following strict medical procedures as failure to do so will mean my license being taken away. I mention this because it is due to my condition I’m very kindly kept up to date by the NHS (by mail) on the various practices in place that will affect me and with which I have to comply so I’m fully aware of to expect when entering a premises under the (we’ll call it) Track & Trace protocols.

The most relevant quote from the literature sent to me is as follows:
In England, you do not have to request details from people who check in with the official NHS QR poster, and venues should not ask them to do both. Venues must not make the specific use of the NHS QR code a precondition of entry (as the individual has the right to choose to provide their contact details if they prefer).
To put it simply the above states you have a choice. To enter a venue as a visitor you can either:
(a) use the electronic app or (b) give manual details in order to comply with Track & Trace entry.

Of course any extract can be read out of context but if you want to be bored by the whole thing it’s all here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/maintaining ... to-collect

So off I trekked to the Club for our night with destiny. Now I have been to a few events at the Social Club in the months since we’ve been able to do so including watching one of the pre-season friendlies. While it’s all been very socially compliant no Track & Trace had been in place but times have moved on and understandably it is in place at a lot of places.

Whilst no advance warning was made on the promotional blurb that it was going to be implemented on Tuesday I appreciate that the Club has been under scrutiny so had no worries about it being in place & was quite happy to comply with the requisite protocols I know are required.

On entry I was asked to use my Track and Trace app and scan the bar-code. As I don’t have the app and for reasons I won’t go into here don’t want to (it is currently advised but still optional not compulsory) I informed the individual at the desk accordingly and was then expecting to be asked to provide the relevant personal details manually in accordance with Government Protocols. I was happy to do this, as I have done at numerous football grounds I have recently visited, although I should mention that I’ve been following the Club for 48 years, am a lifetime member of the Supporters Club, Shareholder, Season Ticket Holder etc etc so the Club already has all my intimate details anyway and was further already fully compliant when I bought my advance ticket as the details are in there. But hey I don’t come from the “Do you know who I am” school of thinking so was quite to provide it all again. Contacting me, the purpose of Track & Trace would not have been an issue.

I was quite surprised, however, to NOT be offered that option and be told (not asked) to download the app and scan the code and that if I didn’t I would be refused entry. I thought it was a joke at first but the party concerned was quite adamant. Knowing the legal requisite involved I informed said party that it is not a compulsory requirement to use the app but to prove their point I was told it was and merely shown the exit door. I have discovered since that I was not the only one affected.

At that stage I just wanted to watch the game so thought it more prudent to just bite my lip and let it go and make my way back home.

To say I’m angry is putting it mildly. However I’m not putting this here to exact revenge. People who know me know I love the Club and wouldn’t do that. The NHS have informed me that the bit about providing personal manual details, if they don’t use the app, are indeed deliberately intended for people perhaps of an age who don’t have a mobile phone, people who don’t have an appropriately modern mobile phone that can download the app, have just left their phone at home or quite simply do not wish to use it app. People are not obliged to cite their reasons for their choice of options but there are two options in place so as not to descriminate. Well there should be. Unfortunately it now appears that entry to the Club is by electronic means only and anybody not using it will be refused entry.

I know the Club have made a mistake and by forcing people to use the electronic app with no option of using the manual procedure they themselves are in breach of Government Guidelines and liable to be fined. Perhaps if we are allowed back into the ground and this process is attempted at the the turnstiles it will certainly cause a lot of conflict.

In the circumstances may I respectfully suggest that if anyone official is reading this that the Club re-evaluate their conditions of entry and adapt accordingly.

In the meantime it appears that myself and a large number of others will not be allowed to use the Social Club which in these difficult times is truly baffling. :(
s.k.khanna

Re: RSC - Track & Trace

Postby 61663 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:18 pm

It’s been a legal requirement since 14 September to have a T&T system in place giving everyone as you correctly say the choice of using the NHS QR code app on their phone or recording personal data manually .... so if the RSSC only introduced the T&T system(s) after that date they could have faced an escalating fine starting at £1k rising incrementally for each subsequent breach upto £4K .... not inconsiderable sums....

Some one / people in the club need/s to put their hand(s) up and apologise for this basic cock up ..... Apologise to those affected at the very least and offer some vouchers to be redeemed at the bar....
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby attic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:40 pm

Absolutely right there should be an apology. Khanna has shown admiral dignity here. My mother faced the same issue when she went for her monthly WI jolly at a pub in pinner. NHS app doesn't work on her phone but was no problem signing in using other means.

Doesn't matter whether it's an established fan or a newbie. They shouldn't be turned away like this.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby megaphone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:10 pm

Disgraceful treatment of a long standing supporter. Those who got this so badly wrong should hang their heads in shame and issue an apology immediately. As others have said the App is not mandatory and written details should have sufficed. In fact, those who buy a ticket for an event like this could surely email the track and trace details to the club beforehand to save this type of own goal.

Piss poor
megaphone

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:59 pm

I understand there were similar problems before this particular game and those affected have vowed not to return until fans are back in the ground and are choosing to drink elsewhere in Ruislip Manor.
Someone seriously needs to get a grip and sort this out.
No fans no revenue applies equally in the clubhouse.
Kettering punchbag.

Postby worruz » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:47 pm

Blimey!

We do know how to eff things up at Wealdstone sometimes.

We need no encouragement on that score.

As if things aren't bad enough as it is.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby West End Stone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:57 pm

What a bunch of mugs. Who the f**k is running this place? Apologies Worby all is forgiven. Best come down the pub instead.
West End Stone

Postby kenton1 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:04 pm

Quite agree. What a mess. I’ve been to quite a few matches since football restarted and at all grounds a written contact for track and trace has been accepted without any problems. Most pubs will accept this also, so I’m amazed that the social Club has taken a different stance. Presumably this was a jobs worth not using common sense. Let’s hope this doesn’t happen again as it will not encourage people to frequent the social club.
kenton1

Postby Ronnie » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:54 pm

Doesn't read well this, twitter folk suggesting this may have been imposed by council, if that's the case then totally absurd. Best get some facts first though before jumping down people's throats, I do feel that too much glee being demonstrated by some when the club is judged to be falling short though.
Ronnie

Postby worruz » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:13 pm

Ronnie wrote:Doesn't read well this, twitter folk suggesting this may have been imposed by council, if that's the case then totally absurd. Best get some facts first though before jumping down people's throats, I do feel that too much glee being demonstrated by some when the club is judged to be falling short though.

If it was imposed by the Council should that not have been said at the door? Judging by Khanna's post it doesn't look like he was given much, if any, explanation.

Also, maybe that could have been put out there on twitter etc beforehand as soon as it was found out to be the case?

Comms?

No glee from me I can assure you. I wonder how we as a club will come out the other side of all this Covid stuff, I really do.
Last edited by worruz on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Next

Return to stonesnet forum