RSC - Track & Trace

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: RSC - Track & Trace

Postby byronpark » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Khanna you are definately owed a hugh apology, I have been out and about all over the south east, pubs and
football. Everywhere I have been you are given a choice of using the App or supplying written details that is
what track and trace is about. There are thousands of people out there that do not have a smart phone capable
of downloading the NHS App. The person on the door was out of order and needs taking on one side and read the riot act.
Perhaps a member of the board would like to comment on this. I think you should contact Rory personally and ask for an explanation.
byronpark

Postby StoneBroke » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:44 pm

So sorry for you Khanna, and Tony Maindement, who I know was not allowed in.thats about 100 years of wfc support history turned away at the door. Like others, this is the first establishment that 8 have attended where a manual details options was not provided. I take no glee either when the club makes an error, but a full explanation is owed to all, and especially those turned away from this weeks historic event , on exactly what drove the decision to only accept people with the app downloaded. And an explanation on what communication took place to those who bought tickets for the night, because I didn’t see it.
StoneBroke

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:32 am

The Track and Trace system is discussed every day in the media and its very clear what conditions need to be met. Track and Trace is not a legal requirement, its a condition of entry to various establishments which obviously relies on people having the right software to download. And without that software name and address has to be supplied. Cant see where there would be any confusion but then again we do live in a country where people get very confused over simple instructions. I can't be bothered to read every post on this subject but surely the bar manager was there to resolve the issue and if he was and didn't then he shouldn't be in that position. Maybe jumping the gun a bit but if simple matters can't be sorted then what happens when the shit really hits the fan.

Bring back Leo.
The Guvnor

Postby worruz » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:19 am

As a new range of measures have been signed off this morning and lockdown in certain parts of the country likely to increase next week, it looks like if you want a communal Wealdstone watching experience, watching it in the bar will be the only way to get it for quite a while yet, despite the Dorking inspired petition that went over the required 100,000.

The club needs to get this sorted before the next home game. If we want any money going into the clubhouse at all this will probably be one of the best ways to garner it and to me it looks like a quick fix.

A statement needs to come out outlining exactly what is needed to enter the clubhouse and that's it.

Its not too hard. I wasn't there on Tuesday but I'm guessing the people who were helping out are just volunteers, like we all are, so I wouldn't want to see them demonised.

It just needs sorting and as quickly as possible.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:56 am

worruz wrote:are just volunteers, like we all are, so I wouldn't want to see them demonised.

There must have been somebody there who was in charge.

Clear and concise communication is all thats required plus an understanding of what is required to gain entry.

If you ask someone in the street they might not know the ins and outs but if you're running a licensed premises there are no excuses.

Next we'll be saying knowing the licensing laws are optional.
The Guvnor

Postby 61663 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:45 am

Oh dear .... It is a legal requirement to have T&T system in place (digital or manual) - how else could a fine be imposed for non compliance?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby s.k.khanna » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:54 am

Hello Everyone. Just coming on here to thank everyone for their support. Truly reflective of the passion this Club has needed to survive over the years.

Also here to let everyone know that I have now received an apology on behalf of the Club by both Paul Rumens (phone) & Dominic Whyley (written) which also goes out to all those people who were turned away on Tuesday. I'm led to believe that the matter is being taken in hand and that the manual method of entry will now be available on Saturday for those wishing to attend the viewing of the game.

From what I could gather it was just a simple mistake so please no lynch mobs. I know for a fact that there are a lot of good people at the Club who do stuff voluntarily behind the scenes and I wouldn't want that to stop.

Come on you Stones...
s.k.khanna

Postby worruz » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:14 pm

The Guvnor wrote:There must have been somebody there who was in charge.

I don't dispute that but maybe they weren't on the door?

worruz

Postby worruz » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:15 pm

s.k.khanna wrote:From what I could gather it was just a simple mistake so please no lynch mobs. I know for a fact that there are a lot of good people at the Club who do stuff voluntarily behind the scenes and I wouldn't want that to stop.

Come on you Stones...

Well said!

What's done is done now and we can move on.

worruz

Postby Whatmough » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:15 am

Good Morning All

Given that I was there on Tuesday evening and whilst my main role for the evening was to get the stream working and showing on the TV’s correctly; I was the most senior club official there at the time I should take on the responsibility for what happened especially as I became involved on with some of the conversations being had.

I wanted to add my apologies to the three people that did not attend the evening. It was not my intention for this to happen. Khanna, Tony and Mark there is a drink waiting for you at the club.
I’m more than happy to go into further details to anyone face to face but the basics was a misunderstanding that this event would need to mirror some of the enhanced checks that have been taking place for preseason friendlies as part of risks assessments agreed with the league and local authority. The additional club scrutiny around the proposed Chesterfield screening was also a contributing factor.

Hopefully entry requirements to streaming events and general social club usage has been cleared up and are clear going forward (as per .gov website). Please accept my apologies once again and hopefully many of you will be at the club on Saturday to watch the game on the big screen with friends.

Mark
Whatmough

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum