Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

For all things Wealdstone FC

Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:17 pm

Should have equalised at the death.

Not a lot in the game. Very tight.
We got done playing out at the back.

Green with a poor ball, mirroring one he did a minute or two before.

Barely a shot on target for us then in the last seconds a good cross, Lafayette fights to get ahead of his man to head at goal, save from the keeper and.....

SLEW..............
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby charlie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Overall that was poor from Stones.

What can say about that performance ? Flat ! No sparkle ! Very disappointing. Fullbacks/Wingers anonymous.

Best Stones players Harry in Goal and Connor Smith.
charlie

Postby warren » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:43 pm

that was so poor. it was obviously early on who was gonna be taken off.

at this level you cant play a CM as a CB. it was strange at times in the 2nd half that smith was playing at the back.

the big issue is you cant play away from home with wakefield lewis and benyu. the manger needed to make the changes at HT. i would have put stevens on and taken Benyu off

sadly and i hope im very wrong benyu is the weak link. he doesnt track back DB wont like this. i can see why managers think he has abilty but he is a NLS player at best.

we got nothing out of there RB

we signed all these strikers and we isolated Mosses.

we deserved nothing and got nothing.
warren

Postby timfparks » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:45 pm

We looked so comfortable that Daggers goal was a real killer. It’s all v well playing Premier League football out from the back but when you lose the ball it’s not so clever. Probably deserved a draw but it was almost a lack of ambition that cost us today. I do t associate that with DB teams so let’s have a reaction on Tuesday!
timfparks

Postby attic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Got a big lesson in National League football today. Dagenham didn't offer much in the way of finesse but their pressing and work rate is something we have to learn to deal with fast. The players will know they can do better than that.

Dare I say a few decisions for the manager to ponder over.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:01 pm

"We looked so comfort !" ..says Tim.

So comfortable that the midfield/forward line sat down for a picnic all match... Was it Cheese/Onion Rolls!
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:03 pm

Very disappointing evening. Crystal clear Benyu should have made way at half time and a change of formation/tactics. But no, we cracked on and got the same result with D & R snuffing us out so well we couldn't put a decent passage of play together until the death.

Passing generally was poor. D & R were nothing special but tactically did us.

Isted out best player. A better plan B required and activated sooner..
Royal Blue

Postby Blue Pom » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:06 pm

It seemed like we couldn't cope without having time on the ball which they naturally weren't going to give us. I thought we were ponderous and slow in this regard. Sloppy and lax at the back it put pressure on us as well as getting caught in possession numerous times. For me there was too much wing play which didn't come off. Nothing really stuck up front, not that it got that far many times. I have only seen Danny Green play on highlights but does he normally receive the ball so deep? Thought he was a player that creates but he wasn't going to do it from there. Didn't think D&R did that much either for all their possession. Unlucky at the last. Would have been a great steal. Naff camera work. Let's go Tuesday.
Blue Pom

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:07 pm

OK, OK, we lost the game and it wasn't a great watch in terms of chances.

However, I weirdly enjoyed it. It felt big time seeing us on the box. Dont have BT but found a way to watch on my Smart TV :lol:

There wasn't much in the game. We're trying too hard to play out at all times. Maybe mix it up a bit. Nothing wrong with that but generally I'm still pleased. DB is an intelligent manager and will get us playing winning football soon.

Bit frustrated with the amount of kicking the ball away etc but that's how it is and we have to deal with it
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby warren » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:08 pm

timfparks wrote:We looked so comfortable that Daggers goal was a real killer. It’s all v well playing Premier League football out from the back but when you lose the ball it’s not so clever. Probably deserved a draw but it was almost a lack of ambition that cost us today. I do t associate that with DB teams so let’s have a reaction on Tuesday!

id love to know where you thought we were comfortable. we were poor we deserved nothing you cant have your first shot in the 94th min
warren

Next

Return to stonesnet forum