Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby paul reader » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:52 pm

not happy revile yourself fellow im Paul Reader A big lump YOU call me condescending lets have a chat are your balls big enough UTS
paul reader
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby Not Happy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:04 pm

paul reader wrote:not happy revile yourself fellow im Paul Reader A big lump YOU call me condescending lets have a chat are your balls big enough UTS


Yawn.....another one who can't handle the sauce.
Not Happy
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 pm

Ronnie wrote:Reality check alert

I don't regard it as a reality check.

We always knew this league was tough. It's only our second game and we know what it's about with each match.

Today was like a chess game with no quarter being given and we came off second best.

I'm relatively pleased so far. Obviously we don't know how Yeovil or Dagenham will do over the season but we haven't been stuffed yet.

Let's see what we do.

We may still surprise a few people.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby attic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:55 pm

Don't think anything particularly OTT has been written on here? Obvious disappointment from some that we've not played well and have lost. It's called being a football fan. No one likes to lose and any club that has anything going for it will see a bit of a reaction after a game like today. Overall, our fans will probably be pretty patient this time around but we can't just pretend we're here to make up the numbers. We know this season is going to be tough but fans will expect a bit more than they saw today.

Should have won 4-2 against a fancied team on Tuesday. Things can't be that bad in the bigger scheme of things.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
User avatar
attic
 
Posts: 8425
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby paul reader » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:01 pm

Not Happy say what you like lets chat face to face you know who i am an what sauce what a load of nonsense UTS
paul reader
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:24 am

Two sides that largely cancelled each other out. Given Dagenham played 4 up front we did well to restrict their chances, but their high press caused us problems playing out from the back and meant our midfield struggled to really get going.

We’ve played 2 of the fancied sides so far and haven’t looked out of place at this level yet, although probably one of the toughest tests of the entire season will come on Tuesday at home to big spending Stockport. If Stevens is fit he’ll slot back into the defence with Phillips moving back into midfield at the expense of either Green or Benyu. We need someone pulling the strings in the middle of the park so perm one from Green, Benyu or Dyer - that role is up for grabs right now.

Up top, does DB persist with Moses, opt for Lafayette who was unlucky not to net a last minute equaliser, or the pace of Slew or Parish? If Lewis and Wakefield can get crosses into the box, Parish’s movement could be a threat. Despite the defeat, it’s f***ing great being back.
BornundertheElmslie
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby Ronnie » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:17 am

worruz wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Reality check alert

I don't regard it as a reality check.

We always knew this league was tough. It's only our second game and we know what it's about with each match.

Today was like a chess game with no quarter being given and we came off second best.

I'm relatively pleased so far. Obviously we don't know how Yeovil or Dagenham will do over the season but we haven't been stuffed yet.

Let's see what we do.

We may still surprise a few people.


I concur. I was reacting to comments such as players not putting in a shift. I saw quite the opposite. Tougher league tougher opposition, we're hardly going to have things all our own way.
User avatar
Ronnie
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:38 am

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby John Young » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:29 am

Dagenham closed us down quickly all game. Tuesday Yeovil let us play, so homework done by Daggers and they capitalised on a mistake. Dennon anonymous most of the game, Wakefield a couple of decent runs but no final ball. Both these lads have a lot to offer but yesterday maybe only 1 of them with another body in midfield where it was a battle.
Although Danny Green sat deep , pulled the strings and put some great balls through. Lafayette would have been a Better fit in 2nd half for ball retention up top, where Moses battled against 2 big centre halves.
Would like to see Lafayette and Parish start Tuesday and if fit Connor return to defence and get Phillips into central midfield along side Charles give us a bit more solidity in centre of the park.
We have an incredibly hard start to the season playing 5 ex league clubs 4 who are fancied to get promoted/ play offs.
So far after 2 games we have not looked out of place. We just need to be a bit more clinical and bury the chances we get.
Tuesday will be toughest test against big spending Stockport, we will have to be at our best to get anything. Long season but enjoyable challenge. UTS
John Young
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby TalkinStone » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:50 am

Overall a poor performance and a real shame we didn’t perform like we did at Yeovil. Dagenham pressed well and forced up to go long and arial which doesn’t really suit Mo. A few lads had disappointing games and will want to show they can play at this level. A poor pass for the goal but the resulting move was finished well.

As mentioned, our start is very tough so while we have to learn quickly we’ll need to be patient as fans.

Be interesting how many games Ross can play given the intensity of fixtures. Not that I’d want us to get rid off Ross but swapping him and Hughes for a younger, fitter target man would give us more options up front.

I imagine we’ll see changes on Tuesday both as a result of certain individual performance yesterday and the need to rotate.

Looking forward to seeing how we do on Tuesday
TalkinStone
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:48 am

Re: Dagenham and R 1 Stones 0

Postby Stoney Ground » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:00 am

John Young wrote:Dagenham closed us down quickly all game. Tuesday Yeovil let us play, so homework done by Daggers and they capitalised on a mistake. Dennon anonymous most of the game, Wakefield a couple of decent runs but no final ball. Both these lads have a lot to offer but yesterday maybe only 1 of them with another body in midfield where it was a battle.
Although Danny Green sat deep , pulled the strings and put some great balls through. Lafayette would have been a Better fit in 2nd half for ball retention up top, where Moses battled against 2 big centre halves.
Would like to see Lafayette and Parish start Tuesday and if fit Connor return to defence and get Phillips into central midfield along side Charles give us a bit more solidity in centre of the park.
We have an incredibly hard start to the season playing 5 ex league clubs 4 who are fancied to get promoted/ play offs.
So far after 2 games we have not looked out of place. We just need to be a bit more clinical and bury the chances we get.
Tuesday will be toughest test against big spending Stockport, we will have to be at our best to get anything. Long season but enjoyable challenge. UTS

Just wrote similar but lost it in posting, agree mostly with John, but possibly go with 3 at the back with Green and Dyer in front, play Ross and Danny up front with Jorome having a free role behind them.
Stoney Ground
 
Posts: 2441
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:01 am

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 38 guests