Wealdstone v Stockport County.

For all things Wealdstone FC

Wealdstone v Stockport County.

Postby charlie » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:31 am

Here we go .Its the Hatters club .Hey Big Spender !!

Having got over our F.A.Cup defeat at Daggers its back to a hat-trick of home matches.

Expect Connor Stevens to return at Centre-Half, Need more from new boys Benju and Wakefield if selected !. Full backs ( Mendy( looks over weight) Effete need to improve) Key to a win.

Batten down the hatches !

Just what will the attendance be.... on our 'Excellent'.. live streaming ?
charlie

Re: Wealdstone v Stockport County.

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:42 am

I think with their fan base we'll see a couple of thousand people streaming the game, so a welcome cash injection for the club.

And their fans weren't too impressed with our showing at Dagenham so they're not overly concerned about the result tomorrow night..

"It's like a pub game so far."
"Very sloppy"
"Wealdstone have been shocking"
"They'll have to raise their game an awful lot to worry us."
"Wasn’t very impressed with Wealdstone yesterday on TV so they shouldn’t cause us too many problems"

https://theyellowboard.boards.net/thread/4216/wealdstone-match-thread
BornundertheElmslie

Postby attic » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:01 am

Yep. Need to step it up and put in a decent performance tomorrow. Definitely a few selection issues for DB to ponder over. Don't think anyone is obviously asking to be dropped at this stage but something wasn't right on the Saturday so it may mean a reshuffle and a couple of changes.

Agree Stevens surely starts if fit. Do we sacrifice an attacking player or do we keep to the Brennan ball style and aim to attack them?

To be fair....a number of observations from other fans weren't exactly kind on Saturday. You can't blame them either. Seen a few references about us not even contesting some high balls.

However....hopefully we will see a far better performance and prove the billy big time types wrong.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby 61663 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:44 pm

‘Interesting’ (for some of us any way) fact- results from ‘on this day’ for tomorrow (13 October):2001 FL Div 1 (= Today’s Championship) Man City 2 Stockport County 2; RL Div 1 Thame Utd 4 Stones 2 .... who has fallen and who has risen between then and now?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby West End Stone » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:11 pm

What time is the pitch inspection if any. Do I get a refund for streaming the game if it's called off?????!!!!
West End Stone

Postby charlie » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:40 pm

Original codes sent out to season ticket holders for live streaming

Are valid for ALL home league matches ? .. Yes/No?
charlie

Postby 61663 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:16 pm

charlie wrote:Original codes sent out to season ticket holders for live streaming

Yes!
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby Blue Stone » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:08 pm

charlie wrote:Original codes sent out to season ticket holders for live streaming

Well the answer is mainly Yes. But I don't think the Live Stream will be in operation for any BT Sport televised games so probably not the Sutton Utd match.
Blue Stone

Postby worruz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:08 am

Blue Stone wrote:

Well the answer is mainly Yes. But I don't think the Live Stream will be in operation for any BT Sport televised games so probably not the Sutton Utd match.

I'm surprised nobody has moaned about that yet.

'Oi, I want my £5.99 off my season ticket back as I wont be able to stream the Sutton Utd game'
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:58 am

Obviously a tough game tonight but these are the games we want and its the level we want to be at. If we are to survive we have need to learn fast and the quicker we do that the better chance we have. We need to do the basics better, most people I've spoken to who watched the Dagenham game felt we looked a bit lightweight and you have to be able to compete physically if you're going to have any hope of imposing the way you want to play on the opposition. Home form will keep us in the division but there will be games such as tonight when a point might not be the worst result.

UTS
The Guvnor

Next

Return to stonesnet forum