Video stream

For all things Wealdstone FC

Video stream

Postby worruz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:58 pm

Loads of people, including Stockport fans, complaining that they have trouble accessing the stream.

Mine is hit and miss. In fact it's now frozen just after our se ond goal (go on Ross :lol:).

This is sh1te, embarrassing and surely leaves us open to people asking for their money back and a bad rep being gained.

I know this can't be easy but is there any better platforms that can be offered?
I
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Re: Video stream

Postby charlie » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Diabolical Streaming .. Picture freezes. sound carries on.

Go on Twitter and they are 2/3 minutes ahead of live stream.

Plus my password code did not work. !! Paid for it. Refunds all round .Why change company from pre-season streaming to this absolute disaster.
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:34 pm

Streaming disaster, result disaster.

Missed most of it and got the buffering page (with high speed broadband!). Streaming service has to be changed.

Horrible night on and off the pitch.
Last edited by Royal Blue on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Royal Blue

Postby warren » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:52 pm

had a perfect pic no issue
warren

Postby approvemeplease » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 pm

did we not like that?

the decision to change streaming company to me was utterly bizarre. wasn't broken pre season, seemed to work ok after some initial teething issues? Did we test this new toy before rolling it out?

Saw some comments on Twitter suggesting it was user connection speeds. I speed tested at home with confirmation my download speeds well over 200mbps (how much faster do I need to be - really!?). and the fact the stream paused whilst the sound continued seems to isolate issue as being with the host provider and not a user connection problem. Sound hit and miss. As many have said, miles behind Twitter...

it's unfortunate but the club need to admit they got this one badly wrong. wonder where it leaves us for future streaming? we don't want word to go round ours is sh1te and probably need to make a statement on this to avoid further embarrassment particularly as we are reliant on this as revenue stream...
approvemeplease

Postby CJC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:03 pm

I have to say stream and commentary ok. Picture stuck a couple of times apart from that all ok.Great comms and interview Tim.
CJC

Postby worruz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:04 pm

CJC wrote:I have to say stream and commentary ok. Picture stuck a couple of times apart from that all ok.Great comms and interview Tim.

The interview was the best picture I had all evening.

worruz

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:06 pm

CJC wrote:I have to say stream and commentary ok. Picture stuck a couple of times apart from that all ok.Great comms and interview Tim.

Very odd how it works in some postcodes but not in others.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:07 pm

The National league thread about it on facebook doesn't make good reading :?

worruz

Postby sausagesandwich » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:11 pm

The streaming was fairly good for me, apart from occasional freezes, but I was irritated when, having logged in on my tablet held in portrait mode, I turned it to landscape and was asked for a new authorisation code. I then had to wait for an email to arrive. The second code worked, fortunately.
If the software is set to challenge simply because the orientation of the device has changed, there is something seriously wrong with this streaming platform.
sausagesandwich

Next

Return to stonesnet forum