Video stream

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Video stream

Postby Blue Pom » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:20 pm

Before the previous games at Yeovil & Dagenham I could pay 10 hours before the game. Presumed I could do that for the home game but it wouldn't let me in. I could only pay for it 2 hours before the game. Is that how it works? Then when the code was released I ended up not using it as it went automatically to the broadcast! When the game was on I lost count of how many times the I lost picture and sound. Looks like away games might be easier to watch.
Blue Pom

Postby timfparks » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Apologies to everyone who had problems listening in and watching tonight - the SVP host clearly has issues but we were hoping that the small number of games they were streaming would help in that regard. As far as I know we are switching to a much better ( and more expensive for the club) platform for Saturday onwards... there simply wasn’t time to put that into effect for tonight. Didn’t help when my mic conked out and we had to share! We had around 2,000 tuning In tonight so it clearly has to improve
timfparks

Postby Rayners Blue is Back » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:10 am

No problems in the second half, unfortunately....
Rayners Blue is Back

Postby Pieface » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:08 pm

Not Interested in watching on a device, refund of s/t for me.
Pieface

Postby worruz » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:02 pm

'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby StoneBroke » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:34 am

Dear Pie Face.

And dare I say pea brain. So it’s a season ticket refund you want is it? So you clearly do not have the interests and solvency of WFC in mind. You clearly don’t give a shit about the club , nor do you give a shit about the 50k raised by proper fans to help the club compete and survive this season so that we can all enjoy our club in sunnier times.

Wondering why you bothered to try to watch the game at all if you have no interest in the club.
StoneBroke

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am

StoneBroke wrote:Dear Pie Face.

And dare I say pea brain..

Ha ha! Go on,I dare you! Funniest post on this forum for years!
Kettering punchbag.

Postby worruz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:07 am

Ok, I'm going to play Devil's advocate here.

I don't want a refund. I want the club to live on through these uncertain times, plus I'm lucky enough to still have a job (at the moment) and can afford to let the club have the money I paid for my season ticket.

We all know the reasons why we cant watch the Stones in the flesh at the moment and we all know that the football club and social club is in financial difficulty because of it, like lots of other clubs.

However, it would probably be financial suicide for the club, but I dont think it unreasonable for certain people to question whether or not they are entitled to a refund, not just for this season but for the few remaining games from last.

As far as I'm aware the club never offered to refund anyone, or if it did I missed that.

I wouldn't take the money back personally but others may do?

This isn't me being pissy, its just an observation.

I'm surprised it wasn't raised on here previously actually. Impressed with our support to be honest. It would be at a lot of clubs.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby attic » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:28 am

You have to remember....not everyone is the 'dyed in the wool' fan that a hardcore of a few hundred of us are. We have attracted hundreds of newbies who are maybe of a different mindset to us. Lets be fair....a lot of our newcomers are supporters of other sides who enjoy a beer at the clubhouse and watch the game (that's not to say some of our 'hardcore' are also supporters of premier league sides too). Whilst we 'old hardcore' may have been conditioned to some pretty mediocre stuff in the past, newer supporters are not going to accept it so readily. We may be of a mindset that if you don't sacrifice it all then you are not a supporter..... but we probably need to be aware of the mindset of others that have started to watch us during the past 10 years. They might actually be right in expecting higher standards?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:08 pm

The bottom line is if you bought a film from Amazon Prime and it was of the same standard as our live stream the other night you would most definitely want a refund and you would get it.

So there is no doubt the club don't have a leg to stand on if people decide they want a refund. And surely that is the right of the individual if they wish to go down that route irrespective of whether its the football club you support or not. We can safely assume at least half of those watching were Stockport fans and I reckon that if they'd lost that game then the club would have been in trouble. They seem to have swallowed it on the back of a 5-2 win so we've dodged a bullet there.

The trouble is with these sort of issues is if you don't do anything then things don't change. The disappointing aspect of the club statement for me was that they didn't even mention how to go about obtaining a refund if thats what you wanted. Smacks of arrogance in my book.

We will have similar numbers on Saturday no doubt so a 20k payday which the club badly needs. We absolutely cannot afford to get it wrong as Stones fans will give up on it and the word will go out and before you know it these 20k paydays become 8-10k.

The NL have already got us marked down as Mickey Mouse so we don't need to fuel the fires further.

We cannot pretend things didn't happen at the level we are at, its too high profile and if the club gets it wrong then they need to be held to account and using emotional blackmail to suppress negative views belongs to communist dictatorships.
The Guvnor

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum