Postby warren » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 am

have to say Saturday coverage was top notch

replays at HT & FT and post game interview. buffered once

not sure the added camera added much but was nice to have

well done all involved
warren

Re: Video stream

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:28 am

A big improvement from Tuesday but that wouldn't have been hard. I don't think the club acknowledged fully in the public domain just quite how bad it was last Tuesday but something was done about so credit where its due.

Be interesting to know what the viewing figures were as thats now our attendance figure.
The Guvnor

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:59 pm

The Guvnor wrote:A big improvement from Tuesday but that wouldn't have been hard. I don't think the club acknowledged fully in the public domain just quite how bad it was last Tuesday but something was done about so credit where its due.

Be interesting to know what the viewing figures were as thats now our attendance figure.

I saw on Twitter it was about 1,000
BillyByrneFan

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:33 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:A big improvement from Tuesday but that wouldn't have been hard. I don't think the club acknowledged fully in the public domain just quite how bad it was last Tuesday but something was done about so credit where its due.

I saw on Twitter it was about 1,000

Seems low for Wrexham but perhaps not all our ST holders are watching? Or perhaps all gathered around one TV in Wales..
Royal Blue

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:31 am

Royal Blue wrote:not all our ST holders are watching?

By the sounds of it half of them were inside the ground wearing orange jackets.

However 1000 isn't a great number but we have to assume that amongst home and away fans there are venues showing the game to large audiences. That of course will only count as 1.
The Guvnor

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:08 am

Video stream very good in the Shire. Just one 2 second buffer, that's it. Main camera less pixelated/fuzzy than Wrexham which was welcome. For me the new cameras/alternative angles are a big plus. Would not want to go back to just one view. Pre-match music not to my taste but hey ho, we are definitely making improvements with this product - A million miles from the Stockport debacle.

A note on the commentary - the output level is quite low. On the commentary content - Tim is doing a grand job but would prefer more general match commentary than the almost ceaseless anecdotes and quips. Just my opinion, others will have different ones and I know this is borne out of sheer enthusiasm and love for the club. However, I was very close to muting it this time. Streaming is here to stay at this level so all-round refinement very worthwhile for the club.

Well done all round.
Royal Blue

Postby charlie » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:51 am

Oh Royal Blue.... How could you want to mute poor.. "Timmy Trumpet" ?

The idea of a guest helps take the load off Timmy Trumpet. I really enjoyed the quips and especially John Mortons experienced views on the play as it progressed.

Never mute poor Timmy !
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:08 am

Glad you enjoyed it Charlie! John Morton helped pull the focus back on the play.
Royal Blue

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum