Stones 2 Stockport 5

For all things Wealdstone FC

Stones 2 Stockport 5

Postby worruz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Very disappointing.

Good even game until about 25 minutes to go.
It was like watching a team use a cheat mode on PlayStation.

We couldn't get out of our half and conceded 4 goals in no time at all.

Bad night with this result and streaming issues for many sadly.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Re: Stones 2 Stockport 5

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Sat back on the lead and proceeded to get absolutely battered. Bizarre at this level.

Rock bottom of the league.

Go again Sat..
Royal Blue

Postby warren » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:49 pm

fitness and class beat us.

even if we think the game was even it wasnt even close.

poor summer recruitment is showing. i know we have no money but we cant keep playing benyu. he is a luxury we just cant afford to play. he drifts in games doesnt track back. it was like playing with 10 men.

we need to find a CB cawley isnt up for it

stockport should win this league
warren

Postby charlie » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:50 pm

Two disasters... diabolical streaming and looking like a short stay at this level. Unless team additions.

2.1 up but we were sitting Ducks waiting for the avalanche. Painful Painful viewing.

No forwards the ball was always going one way. Give em some credit!!! Yes they tried and they were playing potentially promotion candidates.

Maidenhead who had 10 goals against after two matches. Looked so strong at Wrexham last night....League Table does not lie.
charlie

Postby worruz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:52 pm

warren wrote:even if we think the game was even it wasnt even close.

Of course it wasn't close in the end and a football match lasts 90 minutes but there's no way you saw that scoreline coming after 65 minutes.

worruz

Postby kwilks » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 pm

We won't see too many better sides than Stockport at the Vale this season, but i cant help but feel we handed them the initiative when 2-1 up, in replacing Ross with a defender so early in the second half. Had there only been 5 mins left I would have welcomed such a move to protect the lead, but I just knew with their quakity up top they would come onto us. Very dissapointing . Maybe we'll learn from this.

Live stream dissapointing with it continually cutting out but lets give it a chance over next match or two. Well done to Tim for the commentary, very fair and impartial and rightly gave plenty of praise for County who were excellent in the second half. Unlike the green and white flag waiving commentator at Yeovil.

Its early days and a tough first few fixtures but it will be against the mid and lower teams of this league that we need to pick up wins against. UTS
kwilks

Postby StoneBroke » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 pm

Second best on quality but competeted well. All went tits up when Cawley came on.

Lost the livestream on about 75 mins. Flickered back just to show me the score. Excellent commentary from Tim and his buddy.
StoneBroke

Postby worruz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Ok, tonight wasn't great but I'm still holding out on having some hope. We do need bolstering but with a few injuries tonight and a poor pre season it was always going to be tough tonight.

I still think we can get enough points to just about stay up this season but it will be tough and we need a win as soon as...

worruz

Postby worruz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:57 pm

kwilks wrote:we handed them the initiative when 2-1 up, in replacing Ross with a defender so early in the second half

Agree with this. A bit weird and very unlike Dean

worruz

Postby warren » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:57 pm

worruz wrote:
warren wrote:even if we think the game was even it wasnt even close.

Of course it wasn't close in the end and a football match lasts 90 minutes but there's no way you saw that scoreline coming after 65 minutes.

i was watching the betting market and if i was a gambler at 8/1 they would have been too good to turn down. i knew that if they took the lead this team would fall apart.
warren

Next

Return to stonesnet forum