Stones 2 Stockport 5

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 2 Stockport 5

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:23 pm

Stoney Ground

Postby timfparks » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:10 pm

Now that's a decent quality picture :)
It was clearly fatigue that cost us those late goals - the throwing bodies at the ball and blocking that was in evidence earlier had drained away by the last 20 mins and it cost us dear. The spine of their team was so good that we struggled throughout to call the shots, and as has been said, losing Ross was crucial as he was combatting their big defenders. It reminded me a bit of the Colchester FA Cup game five years ago when we folded a bit in the second half after leading 2-1.Every game in this league is a herculean challenge and how the team need our support!
timfparks

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:29 pm

timfparks wrote:Now that's a decent quality picture :)
It was clearly fatigue that cost us those late goals - the throwing bodies at the ball and blocking that was in evidence earlier had drained away by the last 20 mins and it cost us dear. The spine of their team was so good that we struggled throughout to call the shots, and as has been said, losing Ross was crucial as he was combatting their big defenders. It reminded me a bit of the Colchester FA Cup game five years ago when we folded a bit in the second half after leading 2-1.Every game in this league is a herculean challenge and how the team need our support!

Any reason we couldn’t use that for our feed, too much bandwidth?
Stoney Ground

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:54 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:Highlights

https://youtu.be/HixUqesAbQU

Fantastic quality. I presume this was filmed by somebody else? Say Stockport media team for their use?
Royal Blue

Postby Bananas » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:48 am

Royal Blue wrote:
Stoney Ground wrote:Highlights

https://youtu.be/HixUqesAbQU

Fantastic quality. I presume this was filmed by somebody else? Say Stockport media team for their use?

SCFC's performance analysis team using a decent quality camera in 1080p.
It's a lot easier to record a game in HD and then post it on FB afterwards than trying to do the same where several thousand people are watching it at the same time.
Definitely bandwidth issues if you ask me. Not sure where that throttling is coming from though. Some people had virtually no issues, some had lots, which would suggest that the feed is getting out of the ground okay, so that points to it either being an issue with our steaming company (which I'd think is unlikely) or with the bandwidth of our website host (which is where I'd be looking first).
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Postby attic » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:02 am

You don't actually need that much bandwidth at home to stream HD videos. A stable connection of around 4-8mbps will usually suffice for the vast majority of streams. Don't be fooled by internet service provider adverts insisting you need 300 meg broadband just to be able to browse the internet and buy something from amazon.

The vast, vast majority of home internet connections are perfectly capable of providing the capacity above.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:41 pm

I hope this has landed hard at The Vale. This is our principle source of income for the short & medium term, so everything must be done to secure it. We cannot have a repeat of the Stockport stream.

Streaming IS the future.
Royal Blue

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:18 pm

attic wrote:What happened to that other centre half......Gaddafi or whatever he was called????? Apparently ex league club experience?????

Duel registered with HandY I believe.
BillyByrneFan

Postby Lanarkian » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:49 pm

timfparks wrote:Now that's a decent quality picture :)

So true, Tim. The Colchester game came to my mind as the game headed to the climax. I have a horrible feeling that the 'null and void' may come into play as the season plus Covid-19 continues. Looking on the bright side, we are in the fifth level of English football and still will be in a year's time. Onwards and upwards. Champions League in ten years maybe? The ground may need some redevelopment by 2030.
Lanarkian

Postby worruz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:58 pm

I recall writing on Facebook at half time in the Colchester game that we could be 6-2 down.

That's why I don't put it in the category of Colchester. We were very fortunate to be 2-1 up v Colchester.

I wouldn't say that about Tuesday.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum