Stones v Wrexham

For all things Wealdstone FC

Stones v Wrexham

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:39 am

Interesting game this one with 2 sides coming in off the back of bad defeats during the week. Will DB ring the changes, especially with the Premier League loans we have lined up (subject to them not being snatched by EFL clubs before today's deadline)?

Assuming Lafayette is out injured, who will lead the line? Will Hughes get his chance as target man?
BornundertheElmslie

Re: Stones v Wrexham

Postby charlie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:57 am

Well if indeed we have loans lined up ....in they go PDQ !!!

Injury problems in the heart of the Squad will only cause more pain. We need to get something from this match .

Being Bottom of a league table is not something we are used to.

Hughes has not figured thus far. Is he up to the task ? No comment.
charlie

Postby timfparks » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Puzzled by the lack of debate on here. Wealdstone v Wrexham? We got more interest for Wealdstone v Thamesmead Town. Hard to name a Stones side with the possibility of one or two new players coming in, but without Ross (and maybe Dennon) I'd expect Moses to start with Jorome and Charlie - maybe even Danny Parish - getting a shirt. Michael Phillips to continue in the back four with Alex Dyer and Benyu (if fit) the playmakers, with Connor Smith keeping his place. So much like the Stockport XI but with the chance of some new stardust. Hope you're all tuning in tomorrow as we have some whizzy action replay software and extra cameras. We're getting there.
timfparks

Postby worruz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:51 pm

timfparks wrote:Puzzled by the lack of debate on here

erm...

timfparks wrote:Hope you're all TUNING in tomorrow

Ah!

Come on Tim, you pretty much answered your own question within the same paragraph.

Football at this level is all about the live experience. We're not used to watching our team on a screen like armchair fans of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc etc

Maybe it's getting to the fan base as a whole, or those of us that haven't seen a live game for a while anyway.
Seven months for me.

I'd always considered myself to be a top football fan and I'm still very much looking forward to the day that I can attend Wealdstone games again, but with each passing week a little bit of enthusiasm dies. I'm a Stones fan so will be back and I'm sure the ground will be packed out (as best it can be under the circumstances) when the time comes for us to re-populate the Vale, but I can't say I'm massively looking forward to each game like I usually do.

It's a pretty soulless experience, whizzy graphics or not.

I can enjoy a game with no crowd there, and I've watched a lot of Premier league football since it came back in June, but it can never be classed as feeling like the same thing to me. It just feels like its something to pass the time as much as anything.
Last edited by worruz on Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby worruz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:53 pm

In case anyone doesn't check their emails regularly, you should have got an email re new arrangements for the Wealdstone streaming service.
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby attic » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:01 pm

Well......I'm sure things will liven up if we see another defeat!

Agree though, this is just demoralising playing BCD. It really is a case of going through the motions.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:58 pm

attic wrote:Well......I'm sure things will liven up if we see another defeat!

Perhaps.

Ordinarily, this is an astonishing fixture. The points have been made about BCD and Tuesday night was horrible on and off the pitch. I pray for a decent stream tomorrow.

I feel a bit glum because I'm just not sure we have all the tools to finish the job (RLF, Dennon & Stevens out) however well we play for 60 minutes. It's the levelling up - such a huge jump from NLS to NL. Seems much more difficult to ride it out against the full-timers. We need a couple of players but the pot is empty it would appear - despite Stones Share, streaming revenue and the DCMS bailout.

We need something - It's relentless.
Last edited by Royal Blue on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Royal Blue

Postby Stoney Ground » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:24 pm

Maybe it’s the fact that more and more people don’t bother with this forum because criticism or not toeing the party line gets frowned on.

Unless we have any new players for tomorrow and taking DBs press conference as gospel only Connor Stevens is out the side won’t change much.

So far the 2 back up Keepers haven’t featured and that won’t change, Adel Gafaiti is at H&Y, Charlee Hughes and Dan Wishart can’t get in the match day squad so much of the same.

I think we need to use the experience in the squad so would like to see Green back in for Benyu in midfield along with maybe Wishart for Mendy. I’d start Parish as he is a goal scorer instead of Wakefield. If Ross isn’t fit I would put Moses in up top.

Isted

Efete
Phillips
Okimo
Wishart

Smith
Green
Dyer

Parish
Lafayette/Moses
Slew

Subs
Mendy
Benyu
Lewis
Moses/Charles
Wakefield
Stoney Ground

Postby attic » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:36 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
attic wrote:Well......I'm sure things will liven up if we see another defeat!

We need a couple of players but the pot is empty it would appear - despite Stones Share, streaming revenue and the DCMS bailout.

We need something - It's relentless.

No doubt Stones share has been a magnificent achievement from within the club. But realistically we need some bigger investments from outside the club if we're going to really going to give DB a chance to strengthen where necessary. When you hear about the kinds of sponsorship deals that some of the bigger clubs have negotiated its truly eye opening.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Bananas » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:54 am

FYI folks, it's Wrecsam...
Just because you come from Wealdstone it doesn't mean you are a horrible b*stard - it's just considerably more likely that you are.
Bananas

Next

Return to stonesnet forum