Stones 4 - Wrexham 3

For all things Wealdstone FC

Stones 4 - Wrexham 3

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Excellent result and entertaining game today.

Took the lead that we almost immediately threw away from an own goal by Okimo and Wrexham getting through on goal to make it 2-1.
Wrexham had a couple more chances as we seemed a bit at sea for a while but Mendy's blockbuster put us level and seemed to stabilise us.

We were the better team second half and got two goals.

Philips got injured unfortunately so we could have a few issues there. Cawley came on and seemed ok.

There was some resolute defending from the team late on with some good blocks.
Wrexham goal for 4-3 right at the end.

P.S. My stream was ok on my laptop, although it wouldn't load on my laptop for some reason.
Still some people on twitter and facebook saying problems.

Loved Robin Wainwright as pundit.

PPS 'Stewards' vocal all game. Songs, swearing. Sounded like there were loads but could be half a dozen near a microphone.

Not going to lie a bit pissed off with it to be honest. Lots of people making sacrifices. We all want to be there. If you'e lucky enough to get in maybe don't make it so obvious?

Anyway, our first win at this level since 1988.

Fantastic
'I only want to help you Ro-land'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Re: Stones 4 - Wrexham 3

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:00 pm

To be precise, our first win at this level since our 2-1 win v Fisher Athletic on Saturday 23rd April 1988.

worruz

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Tim leaving Dean hanging right at the end of the interview there :lol:

worruz

Postby 61663 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Glowing after seeing the result read out on Sky Sports Results round up ..... here’s to many, many more ....
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby Royal Blue » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Oh we needed that! Fantastic to get a win.

Stream perfect this time and the extra cameras welcome - thank you for sorting that.

Well done to everyone involved at Wealdstone FC!

We're back.
Royal Blue

Postby charlie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Steward numbers increasing !.... Application Forms on twitter account soon.

Crowd singing at the vale .its all happening. Stewards getting excited ?

Great Win . Promotion candidates now !
charlie

Postby The Guvnor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:30 pm

A much needed 3 points and a perfect Livestream experience for me. Great to have Robin Wainwright giving his views, certainly wasn't impressed with our defending individually or as a team. On the balance of play 5-5 would have been about right, it just strikes me that we are a very naive team playing school playground football and we desperately need to add some nous and leadership to our undoubted football ability. There was a time when we broke at 4-2, Dennon squared the ball to Michee on the edge of their box who lost possession and they of course went straight down the gap left by Michee at right back.We got away with that one but its symptomatic of how reckless we can be at times. The first 20-25 minutes of the 2nd half we were excellent and it has to be said Ross going off again seemed to throw us a bit so thats a situation that needs to be looked at. A great win of course but we will be in bottom 6/7 and to ensure we don't end up in that bottom 3 we have to make ourselves harder to play against. However its a day to enjoy and on the plus side all our goals were good with Mendy Mendy scoring an absolute screamer.

WGAOT

UTS
The Guvnor

Postby approvemeplease » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Excellent day all round. Stream much improved especially the “Mendy Mendy” crowd chants which added a fantastic level of realism that is only usually reserved for games shown on Sky.

The result was much welcomed, still feel performance lacking but stout defending and a blunted Wrexham attack was enough to take the points.

20 stewards probably not enough to contain the masses, wonder how long til we increase the steward yellow jacket allocation to a far more realistic 200 mark?
approvemeplease

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm

End to end as neither team seemed able to hold onto the ball well, but Wrexham weren't as good as Stockport and I thought we were worth the win, not many chances but some lovely movement and passing.

A word about the stream. Faultless sound, I watched on a browser on my TV and the stream was uninterrupted and most importantly live - not a minute behind flashscore like the previous one. Only criticism would be any movement looked fuzzy to me on the main camera, but it could have been the browser. Just a word for our Timmy who was channeling David Coleman and got in "chicanery" "velcro chest" and "opened his legs and showed his class".
Waltons Left Boot

Postby charlie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Throbbin Robin great addition to the comms.... Request in.. Can we get Stuart Pearce for comms?

DB spoke about rotating the squad at the end match interview, ....would seem that loans were not forthcoming.??

Shame we lost Jay Williams as extra defenders appear a priority.... Dan Wishart ?
charlie

Next

Return to stonesnet forum