Stones 4 - Wrexham 3

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 4 - Wrexham 3

Postby TalkinStone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Great to get our first win and must be a confidence boosts to get it against a club like Wrexham. Steam close to perfect and good that the club acted quickly to improve as our only revenue stream.

Goals conceded must be the concern right now and Connor Stevens return can’t come quick enough.

Both full backs scoring, Mendy deserved MOTM, Dyer excellent, lots of positive performances. Clean sheet must be the next milestone.

A day to celebrate ahead of the next toughie on Tuesday.
TalkinStone

Postby sausagesandwich » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:50 pm

The Wrexham fans forum makes for hilarious reading. Referring to Robin Wainwright: "Who is this guy commentating? Is he a bus driver?"
Glad they think we are absolute shite and if we should happen to beat Chesterfield then this absolute shite team will be higher than Wrexham in the league.
sausagesandwich

Postby The Guvnor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:05 pm

sausagesandwich wrote:Glad they think we are absolute shite

As I've said a few times recently the attitude of these so called big clubs is their weakness because I think they really believe all they have to do is turn up and clubs like us will just roll over. Well we won't, especially when the opposition are as average as Wrexham. When they get to the level of Stockport get the cigar out but until then they might do well to wind their necks in.

If they want to know what it feels like to win this league they can give us a call anytime.
The Guvnor

Postby 08masonl » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Great game to watch proper end to end football from the word go.

Thought our attacking play was outstanding and what a goal from Mendy Mendy!! (so good they named him twice)

Hilarious to see the Wrexham Forum in absolute meltdown you'd think they'd just been relegated or something?

Last 15 minutes was crucial and you could tell the full time experience was kicking in a bit and we rode our luck a couple of times but wins a win and it's something to build on
08masonl

Postby GingerGuy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:22 pm

the attitude of these so called big clubs is their weakness because I think they really believe all they have to do is turn up and clubs like us will just roll over.

Hello, Cambridge United!
GingerGuy

Postby Ronnie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Ronnie

Postby deadly » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Ronnie wrote:Some snaps from today's game

https://eglitephotos.smugmug.com/2020-2 ... -v-Wrexham

Some great pics there Adam., I especially liked the Flag end pics.
Phew, now I have calmed down a bit I can appreciate what a great shift was put in by all to get our first vital win.

I am sure that stemming the flow of opposition goals will be top of our management team's list to prepare for the re-arranged Chesterfield game next Tuesday.

The new streaming service is a great improvement on previous efforts, and any niggles will no doubt be ironed out.
Watching the BT highlights show afterwards had me pinching myself that Wealdstone & the Vale are on the same stage...but we are... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many stewards did we have at the game I wonder?
It sounded like quite a few. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roll on Tuesday night.

Deadly Muse.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:10 pm

deadly wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Some snaps from today's game

https://eglitephotos.smugmug.com/2020-2 ... -v-Wrexham

Some great pics there Adam., I especially liked the Flag end pics.
Phew, now I have calmed down a bit I can appreciate what a great shift was put in by all to get our first vital win.

Deadly Muse.

They are Ronnie's pictures. A good job done too!!

Mine are here:

https://atticsnaps.smugmug.com/Wealdstone-FC-2020-2021/Wealdstone-V-Wrexham-17102020/
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby attic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed that. The reassuring thing is that we are proving we can hurt teams at this level.I thought all our forward players had decent games today and we do look better with two wingers plus RLF in the middle. Thought Benyu was more influential today and Dyer looked the class act we know he is.

Yes, there's plenty to improve on. Sloppy goals conceded by gifting possession is going to cost us if we don't learn fast. No one is going to gift us anything this season, so lets not return any compliments. Last 10 mins was a bit backs against the wall. We're naturally going to be up against it fitness wise but hopefully we'll improve in this area with all the hard work being put in during these games. Seems Philips limped off with an injury so we're looking a bit bare bones already. DB up against it somewhat and no doubt will be looking at the loan market.

As for the Wrexham fans moaning away well was always going to be the case. These big ex league clubs are followed by a passionate fanbase who don't take losing lightly. Especially not to the likes of us!!!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Blue Pom » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:34 pm

My streaming was not great. The big difference from last time was when the picture froze if I clicked the arrow for play button then it nearly always unfroze the screen. I missed the Efete first goal because of this. Maybe a step too far to get this right for NZ. Great to get a win and glad if they were going to score at 2-4 down it was only in the last minute! Would like to see the ball in the box a lot more from good positions on the flanks but they don't play like that nowadays do they? It appears to be an exact science of possession what ever level of football. Run their socks off again though and defended admirably at times despite goals - if you can say that. Looking forward to Tuesday or Wednesday for me.
Blue Pom

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum