Canvey

For all things Wealdstone FC

Canvey

Postby cardew the cad » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:17 am

are bringing a coach of supporters I understand. Good stuff. They're usually pretty spiky. Mind you so would I be to find out what a terrible hand fate had dealt me.

Not a bean on their forum mind. 2nd v 3rd and not a whisper. Bit like here.
We're around Evens with most bookies.
cardew the cad

Re: Canvey

Postby WfcGooner » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Nice. I think the mounting tension around the whole 2nd v 3rd scenario has resulted in a hushed silence! :lol:

Bringing a few new junior recruits with me, so hope it's not too spikey. Mind you, they'd have 'em.
WfcGooner

Postby Blue & White Army » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:44 pm

11/10 with Paddy Power.
Blue & White Army

Postby chelski reject » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:16 am

I've persuaded a work colleague to come and sample us at this game ( that sounds wrong but i'll press on) He is a exciled west ham fan from Essex now residing in Hayes (massive sympathy on both counts).Has the potential to be a stones fan , was telling me he's tried going to watch Hayes a few times but didn't get a buzz from it.
If you see a bloke that looks like pete griffin from family guy that'll be him.
It's good news for the bar takings tho' - he's a beer monster!

see you at the game.
chelski reject

Postby WFCnortholt » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:42 am

Hi all is there anyway the PA announcer can announce my brothers 21st Birthday at today's game. His name is Ian Lyons

Cheers :)
Wealdstone FC till i die- Up The Stones
WFCnortholt

Postby Stone Island » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:02 pm

1 nil up at half time... Another chaps 45 minute wonder freekick.... We are down to 10 men though, fitzgerald sent off for a professional foul when the canvey player was clean through..... Wind against us in the second half... Come on the Stones!!!!!
Stone Island

Postby Stone Island » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:58 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! WON 1-0... game finished 10 all on the pitch with a canvey player seeing red near the end.... att about 450.... GET IN!!!!!!!!
Stone Island

Postby Junior Stone » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:27 pm

Brilliant result! Wasn't there myself so looking forward to the full report. To play with 10 men for 85 mins and still win is unbelievable!
Junior Stone

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Terrific performance from Stones, particularly after having to play for over 80 minutes with 10 men after Fitzgerald was sent off. Massey and Chappell were immense today I thought, with Sean Thomas man of the match with an assured display in goal. He never looked in danger to be honest. Great free kick from Chappell late in the first half was enough to get the victory. 2nd in the table, nosebleeds all round!

Only my second game of the season today, but after that display (and the one I saw v Sutton) this is clearly the best Stones side for a long long time. Exciting stuff.

As for the behaviour of the Canvey players after the game, unbelievable.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Superb performance by the team today. To play 80 odd minutes with only ten players and only look in trouble for the opening ten minutes of the sceond half shows how brilliantly we played.

Too many players to praise: Thomas, Massey, Forbes, Chappell and more.
Elmslie Ender

Next

Return to stonesnet forum