Canvey

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Canvey

Postby Matt CIFC » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Evening Gents.

Well done yesterday on providing some real competition for us. One of the best sides I've seen us play so far this season and your League position is a true reflection on your team's and Manager's ability. Have to agree with your Goalkeeper getting MotM and thought the Referee had a brilliant game. To answer a post earlier on here, our first choice Striker is currently injured, his first choice partner is Hallett, the one that 'scored' and Jay Curran is usually used as a Sub option.

Apologies for the immaturity of Curran after his sending off, he does let his temper run away with him sometimes. Believe me, we weren't impressed one bit down our end.

Lets not make anything big out of nothing after the final whistle, just a couple of individuals who realise now that their actions were wrong and made themselves look stupid. As I said on our forum, spitting is totally unacceptable and throwing punches is down right dumb!

Hopefully we'll see many of you down at the Brockwell Stadium on Jan 30th for another Play-off encounter.

All the best for the rest of the season.
Matt CIFC

Postby RichardMellor » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:23 pm

Well said, Matt CIFC...
RichardMellor

Postby megaphone » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:04 pm

Just got home after a tiring 11 hour shift, but have been grinning all day after our win yesterday. I am proud of Wealdstone and hope the players enjoyed their night out last night, they certainly deserved it. The cause seemed lost after the early sending off but we gradually rose into the game and I think fully deserved our victory. I was surprised that During replaced Lafayette instead of Ellerbeck who did such a good job at Wooood the previous week, but after a shaky start Kenny did OK. I echo what people have already said about Thomas, Chap's, Chris and the Mass etc, but yesterday was a TEAM efort with all, bar Fitzgerald perhaps coming out with tremendous credit. Funniest moment was when the Canvey manager tried to stop us making a substitution in injury time. Just what it had to do with him is anyones guess!

The aquarium bar afterwards was buzzing with a sing song that lasted well into the night. Well done to the Matt CIFC for taking the defeat graciously and we look forward to another feisty encounter on 30th January when hopefully the game will end 11 v 11. One thing I disagree with is the comments on the referee, who I thought was poor and was continually mugged off into awarding cheap free kicks to the opposition. It was indeed fortunate for him that Canvey didn't equalise! Still, we can't agree on everything, Up the Stones!
megaphone

Postby chelski reject » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:08 pm

The recent posts seem to captured the spirit of the day perfectly with a lot of adrenalin running high , passion and drama by the bucket load. My pal from work (and family guy) got into it all and says he'll be coming to the next game.Starting to worry if I convert him i'll have less options to cover me when I want the day off to go to the game as He will want day off as well.Moral dilemma. :(

Been said already but huge respect to Matt CIFC for his dignity in defeat.
chelski reject

Postby Enfield Stones » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Strange how we see things differently re the ref, have to agree with the Canvey chap, I thought the ref got the big decisions correct.

Fitzgerald - Most peeps agree it was a sending off, brave ref to give it that early to the away side
Kieron- Booked for a dive, not 100% sure on this, seemed a delayed reaction from Kieron...but fair enough
Canvey forward - ref didn't see the incident but with the help of the lino sent him off
Canvey disallowed goal - again with the help of his lino, correct decision and a yellow card

He may have been a bit picky with some of the fouls that mainly went agaianst us but overall was impressed with the ref

Jez
Enfield Stones

Postby Enfield Stones » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Any ideas how to access the canvey forum, have tried but is either to technical for me or I am doing something wrong???

Thks
Jez
Enfield Stones

Postby attic » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Enfield Stones wrote:Any ideas how to access the canvey forum, have tried but is either to technical for me or I am doing something wrong???

Thks
Jez

It looks like its membership only. Very elitist!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby hillsy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Likewise agree with comments about the referee.

He was frustrating when he gave them a number of fouls for seemingly nothing, soft fouls if you will. But then I am standing 50 yards away, he is 5 yards away.

As Jez said, all the big decisions he got correct. Typical blinkered home fans reactions at times ;-) It's to be expected...but he and his officials worked as a team. Hats off!

Up the Stones!

Already can't wait for Saturday.
hillsy

Postby attic » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:58 pm

It also seems when their number 4 blasted the ball into the stand an elderly chap received an injury of sorts.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Blue & White Army » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Enfield Stones wrote:Any ideas how to access the canvey forum, have tried but is either to technical for me or I am doing something wrong???

Thks
Jez

http://www.fansfocus.com/forum/forum/16 ... iscussion/
Blue & White Army

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum